Can i sell my copper penny's at Whitman Coin show?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Can i sell my copper penny's at Whitman Coin show?

Postby chris819 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi i was wondering if i could sell my copper pennies at the Whitman coin expo in Baltimore. If so what would be a good price? Thanks Chris
chris819
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Can i sell my copper penny's at Whitman Coin show?

Postby Zincanator » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Do you mean sell at the coin show, or to a dealer there?

I've seen Copper cents offered for 2x face a while back at a coin show when copper prices were higher. Not sure if the dealer had any luck selling them. Coinflation shows the copper value worth less than 2x right now.

If you want to sell to a dealer, the price will probably be much less, if they want them at all.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NiBullionCu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:30 pm

I doubt if any 'Out-of-town' dealers at the show would want to lug pennies home.

Probably not any in-town dealers either, but you could go to talk to the local dealers to see if there is any interest and if so, arrange to deliver them to their shop later.

Good luck!
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Gobirds66 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:12 pm

NiBullionCu wrote:I doubt if any 'Out-of-town' dealers at the show would want to lug pennies home.

Probably not any in-town dealers either, but you could go to talk to the local dealers to see if there is any interest and if so, arrange to deliver them to their shop later.

Good luck!

I go there quite regularly and never really saw anyone that was taking copper at all. Obviously, that can change, but I looked the first few times when copper was high and I thought that I might make a quick score which would get me more capital to re-invest in copper, but I never found any takers. They do have really good silver prices in those shows though....but that is another topic.
If they give you lined paper, write the other way....
Gobirds66
Penny Sorter Member

Postby chris819 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks. I guess i will just go and look at the silver 2 see if i can add any while silver is down a little
chris819
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing