Do you spread the word or stay tight-lipped?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Do you spread the word or stay tight-lipped?

Postby Rustjunkie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 am

I was fortunate enough to have been born and raised in the time when as a child if I were given a penny (a real copper penny) I could go to a number of local stores and actually buy a piece or two of candy.
It makes me sad and a little angry that the penny has less value as currency than scrap.
I do spread the word to anyone interested and I do still stop to pick up a dropped or discarded penny.......heads or tails. ;?)
PS. I always drop at least one penny in the tray at the counters if I get one in my change.
Rustjunkie

Postby robroy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Even my family thinks that I have a screw loose when it comes to stacking copper. That's alright. The more that I set aside the more I have. However, the one thing that I've been noticing is that my yields are fallings and have been for awhile now. I do believe that it is a lot more people are stacking or the yield is falling because of the population of each new year is lowering the overall percentage. More coined dilutes the available coins. Basic copper stays the same but the number of overall pennies is increasing.
Don't look back. Something may be gaining on you.

Neither a penny or a nickel is worth face value anymore.

I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.
robroy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 pm

I keep tight lipped! No sense in giving anyone any more reasons to have me committed! :lol:
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:39 am

I haven't told more than a handful of my friends about penny sorting. Although I haven't sorted any boxes for quite some time, I still hang on to the ones I find in loose change and what not, or see if my LCS has any Canadian coppers. I find myself looking at pennies in a different way than I used to. Any extra funds I do get end up going for more shiny! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing