Small world at the coinstar!!!!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Small world at the coinstar!!!!!

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I and my son Franklin were at a dump run at the free coinstar at the bank. After we were done the next man in line asked if we posted on realcent.org. He had seen are avatar and thought it was Franklin. It is a nice group if people on realcent. Allso today Franklin said to a teller happy Valentine's day and she said what are you going to do for it. And he said I a going to fall in love with you. :D At fourteen and with autism you can say some funny things.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Small world at the coinstar!!!!!

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Who was the other member? I ran into our very own member Dumpster Diver once on a dump run. Had both my 2 and 4 year olds in tow.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey thats pretty cool to hear, both parts!
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Who was the other member? I ran into our very own member Dumpster Diver once on a dump run. Had both my 2 and 4 year olds in tow.

Franklin was on a run for the drive-through he likes the sounds they make so the members handle did not go into the hard-drive but I did get his card.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm

That's amazing. I'd love to know who it was.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Thats awasome. I have only met one realcenter to date.....and he wasn't nearly as cool as I thought he would be in person.

As for Franklin....what a great kid. Prob made the tellers day.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby west77 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 am

I had never considered it, but this is the perfect hobby for anyone with autistic traits. It has set rules and makes perfect, logical sense. You sort into categories and there are no emotions or personalities involved. You get the "plink" of every penny and feel every one as it is inspected. This actually explains part of the reason I enjoy sorting. I might get a comparator, but I would still be sorting a few boxes by hand every month because it just "feels" right.

Heck, the next time I see my doctor (specializes in ADD and Autism) I might ask him what he thinks of it as a type of therapy...
west77

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 am

west77 wrote:I had never considered it, but this is the perfect hobby for anyone with autistic traits. It has set rules and makes perfect, logical sense. You sort into categories and there are no emotions or personalities involved. You get the "plink" of every penny and feel every one as it is inspected. This actually explains part of the reason I enjoy sorting. I might get a comparator, but I would still be sorting a few boxes by hand every month because it just "feels" right.

Heck, the next time I see my doctor (specializes in ADD and Autism) I might ask him what he thinks of it as a type of therapy...

Franklin has my coworkers sorting cents they have the books now and one of them said the 80d slack sound like ADD. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Joogaler » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 am

That's pretty amazing! What are the odds of that happening?

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:58 pm

I've read this twice...but my midnight shifts have tweaked something in my brain...now who met who...was the bank teller a member of realcent. I'm confused! :?:
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:30 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:I've read this twice...but my midnight shifts have tweaked something in my brain...now who met who...was the bank teller a member of realcent. I'm confused! :?:

A man at the coinstar is a realcenter. The teller Franklin is just having fun with. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 pm

PS I called him up and I get to go over to his house and try out his ryedale out with some of our unsorted cents on Wednesday. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 pm

henrysmedford wrote:PS I called him up and I get to go over to his house and try out his ryedale out with some of our unsorted cents on Wednesday. :D

Ask him what his username is on Realcent!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Yepper..let's get a name for the mysterious member. And, while you're out, run Franklin over to Walgreens to get a Valentine for his new girlfriend! I'm jealous. :mrgreen:
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby thunter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm the "mystery member". Just recently got a Ryedale for Christmas from my wife :D Look forward to showing it to Joe. Thanks Joe for sharing your local bank experiences including your knowledge of every Cummins sorter in the area. Certainly a lot faster than Coinstar!
thunter
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Thats awasome. I have only met one realcenter to date.....and he wasn't nearly as cool as I thought he would be in person.

awwww... you're just saying that because I wouldn't be your valentine, Rodebaby :cry:

Franklin's comment would make any teller's day. That's better than bringing them some chocolates.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Had a great time love the Ryedale. I am have my boys sorting the copper to sell so they can earn the funds to get there own! :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing