Canadian cent hoard

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Canadian cent hoard

Postby hobo finds » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:53 am

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Canadian cent hoard

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Depending on how the guy bought his Canadian cents, he might be laughing his way to the bank. If he has them still in rolls and does not try to sort them, search them, etc., he could probably end up selling them for at least 2X face in the next few years if he has a low-cost way to sell the rolls piecemeal. That is the problem with copper right now. It is worth holding, but the weight issue is a turn-off. Most of the comments that followed the article critiqued him for his choice of where to put his money. Here is a clue. If the banks are not selling cent boxes anymore in Canada, betcha as time goes by, most people will have turned their pennies in. In this case, I think Gresham's Law will be observed by very few.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:38 pm

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Informative link. Looks like he can already almost double his money on e-bay. All the naysayers in the comments on the article are fools.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:04 am

I tried a few Canadian banks and credit unions today. No one will sell me pennies, even the RBC branch with 20 rolls sitting on the counter in plan sight.

I did however find a Free Coin Counter at a Credit Union branch I rarely visit. My new favorate branch! I can dump anything now without rolling!!!

So should I stop sorting cents and sell them unsearched now?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:58 am

Can't answer JDs question but the comments at the end of the blog were informative. People actively aware of the pm bug philosophy but choosing to scoff at it. It amazes me that they can drink the kool-aid and laugh at comments against fiat - when all of history (and common sense) says otherwise.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mr Paradise » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Mr Paradise
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing