So I guess the world is getting the memo....

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: So I guess the world is getting the memo....

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
RichardPenny43 wrote:Down to 24% this week. :thumbdown:
A wise man once said, "just sort more!". :thumbup:

LOL.. no matter how many you sort.. It is not enough! Checking that map thingy to see where RichardPenny43 sorts at. 24% sounds pretty good to most of us. Moving all those heavy machines is gonna be a bitch though.

Your percentages will never be better than they are now.

Abraham Lincoln.. who many consider to be a wise man.. well at least he is quoted a lot said
"Good things come to those who wait.. but only those things left by those who hustle"

Got four bags on order for tomorrow and my average jumped to 32% last week! :thumbup:
One bag was 37% and the other two were 27%. :clap:
TW?
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:59 pm

Very good percentages... I agree with HCBTT, 24% doesn't sound bad at all...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat May 23, 2015 1:47 am

NiBullionCu wrote:
Grading uncirculated (like beauty) is in the eye of the be-holder. If you "Be Holdin" them, then they are no longer uncirculated.

For many years I held the same literal interpretation of 'Uncirculated' vs 'Circulated'. If you pulled it out of 'Circulation' it can't be uncirculated.

However, that is why the ANA changed the grading terminology from 'Uncirculated' to 'Mint State' i.e. MS60 thru MS70.

So it is possible to retrieve a coin from circulation that grades in 'Mint State'

. :geek:

I once found a Wisconsin Extra Leaf quarter in change and sent it in years ago to get it slabbed by ANACS. It came back as either MS-64 or MS-65. Can't remember which because it is in offsite storage (No, not a safe deposit box), but the point is that coins which come out of change can indeed be considered Mint State as mentioned above.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing