While sorting, a unexpected bonus

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

While sorting, a unexpected bonus

Postby J_Dodge » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:29 am

This morning I was finishing the sort of a box of cents. I got this box at a local bank, but the coins weren't tightly wrapped in
the usual red/white or green/white wrappers...These were are wrapped in wrappers made with brown "shopping bag" paper w/ red ink, and
all of the rolls were loose - you can push out the pennys w/ your finger tip or shake them out.

Any way, I was down to what I thought was going to the be the last 4 rolls (I keep a sheet with which I track my results - # copper,
# zinc, # wheats, etc), and in the box, I found 5 rolls.

From previous conversations w/ the tellers, I know that the bank does their own coin processing as much as possible - so I speculate that
these were wrapped at one of the branch offices, and then got shipped to the coin processing branch, and from there went to the
branch where I got them.

Was out of time at that point, so I wasn't able to open the roll - but who knows - maybe it will contain some rare wheat......or maybe a Indian.

JD
J_Dodge
Penny Collector Member

Re: While sorting, a unexpected bonus

Postby amalekidad » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:04 am

An extra roll? That by itself is a good score. I have never had a box with an extra roll - not that I keep track. I just rip them open and dump them in the Ryedale.
I do find a dime now and then. Still waiting on some silver. I did pull out a 101 year old coin (1913 wheat back) from my last box. I always hold coins like that and wonder about all the things that coin has been through and seen.

Congrats on the extra roll!
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing