Is it easy to sell Pennies in Canada?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Is it easy to sell Pennies in Canada?

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:04 am

Now that they haven't been minting pennies in Canada for a while I am curious- is it east to sell pennies in Canada? I'm not referring to those which need to be shipped from the U.S. with ridiculous shipping charges. Also, do Canadian coin dealers have many copper cents for sale? Are they asking ridiculous prices, like 10 cents apiece now? I'm trying to get a feel for what it will be like here in the U.S. if the mint stops making pennies.
Last edited by Recyclersteve on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Is it easy to sell Pennies in Canada?

Postby mtalbot_ca » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:08 pm

The best price I saw was: (for regular 1964-2012 pennies)

2x for smaller quantities
1.5x on occasion for larger lot
1.15x for larger deals.

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing