Still don't have the kid fully trained

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Still don't have the kid fully trained

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Over the years my son has learned about the value of money. He recognizes that silver coins have a value in their metal content above and beyond their face values. He knows the difference between copper and zinc pennies and pulls out the copper ones from his change for me. Today I found he still has more to learn. We took the plastic bottles he has been saving up in for recycling. It wasn't a big batch - the total on the receipt only came to $7.94. When he took the receipt to the cashier he handed her an extra penny and nickel and asked her if he could get eight dollars. He then turned to me and asked "What am going to do with 94 cents?". What???? That's three quarters, a dime, a nickel, and four pennies. Just think of the possibilities! There could be four copper cents in there. Right? Ok, maybe this penny sorting hobby of mine is going too far.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Still don't have the kid fully trained

Postby amalekidad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm

What about the silver quarters, dimes, and war nickels? That kid needs some serious training. You could get back 4 wheaties!!
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby coppernickel » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:34 pm

:thumbup: Sounds like you are on the right road for your son to have something to tell his therapist when he grows up.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Maybe it would have been OK if he handed the cashier 6 zincs!
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:42 am

I suppose he could just be doing his part not to encourage this copper cent obsession. Some day many, many years from now he will be the one stuck with all of these coins and after hauling away tons of copper he'll be saying "Why oh why didn't Dad stick with saving just the silver!!"
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing