NE Penny Indiana Hoard..~ 1.5 Mill now (Coppers Gone)

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Mega Pennies NE Indiana Hoard..~ 2 Million (Updated Info

Postby EthanA » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Glad to see you made it back safe.

Thanks for your kind words and it was a pleasure to meet y'all.
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Re: NE Penny Indiana Hoard..~ 1.5 Mill now (Coppers Gone)

Postby OdedPaz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Are any of these Cents still available for sale?
OdedPaz

Postby EthanA » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:19 pm

All of them except the 640K Coppers....by that I mean unrolled coppers in buckets. The 1.5 million are still up.

He is working with a dealer on a bid...guys if you are interested in these..NOW is the time to make your inquiry......
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Mega Pennies NE Indiana Hoard..~ 2 Million (Updated Info

Postby EthanA » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:27 pm

realhumancopper wrote:Must have thought we were all driving around in our turnip trucks. I have been around coin dealers for 50 years. If this was any kind of great deal it would have been gone long ago. Dr. Jonas, you have identified the spam w/out the tasty flavor; or even the promise of something to relish. Forum played-clumsily-like a fine Strad--w/ turnip leaves hanging off the bow............hal

realhumancopper wrote:Good intentions don't often count for much except in trivial matters. I just don't like being spammed and played on these boards. "Sins of omission" was the word when I was w/ the flock. But, you admit it, so fair enough. I worked for vultures. I was not nearly tough enough to make it into their inner circle...........hal

Well Hal - just so you know...... See the following post and then ask yourself if you were right? Not everyone is a crook and a scammer. I told it as best I could under the circumstances.......

Dr. Jonas - you never replied to my question.....why?

So for those watching the thread......the generic coppers are gone.....the rest is still there. If you are interested, then by all means call the man. I am out of that portion of it as Gary's health is better and he can make his own decisions. Call, what have you got to loose? All he can say is no...

PennysaverCP wrote:I got a chance to meet and talk to both Ethan and Gary yesterday while picking up some coppers. Both are great guys. I looked at Gary's huge collection and wished I had deeper pockets. Pretty amazing in quality, quantity, and organization. Ethan has gone way above and beyond in his efforts to help Gary liquidate his collection. Anybody who questions Ethans motives in what he is trying to do is off base. He is trying to help his friend who is in a tough spot right now. This is a pile of REALLY nice coins and the numismatic guys would really benefit by talking to Gary and/or Ethan. As I said- I wish I had more money to play with. Thanks for your help Ethan!!!!

If you think their is something not right about this, PM PennysaverCP and ask him.
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:21 pm

I tried to get the capital to come get those coppers. I didn't make it.

Glad somebody here got them!

I still plan on taking a drive at some point to see some of this in person.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby EthanA » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:I tried to get the capital to come get those coppers. I didn't make it.

Glad somebody here got them!

I still plan on taking a drive at some point to see some of this in person.

That would be cool and if I remember correctly you are not that far away.
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NoCents » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Fapping!
I like my guns the same way Obama likes is immigrants.....UNDOCUMENTED!!!!

NoCents User Feedback
NoCents
Penny Collector Member

Postby EthanA » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:02 pm

NoCents wrote:Fapping!

Oh ok...whatever.

Btw folks - I guess some said they would call etc. Some said they wanted them...yet no one really called with serious offers..

So I was informed tonight - the Wheats are gone...sold.

I am not sure how much, but I bet it is low enough to make some of you puke............~800k wheats.......unsearched....patience is a virtue and the one who finally bought them was talking with him all along, negotiating etc. What an opportunity missed....

This is one thing off Gary's plate now......and for those who thought it was some kind of scam.......it was NOT anyone I put him in contact with....

The only thing is now I think it is 1963 BU rolls and up....unsearched.....no one will call from here...so why do I bother...

It was an adventure I will give it that.............
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:21 pm

EthanA wrote:........~800k wheats.......unsearched....

I thought the pictures showed them all rolled up and put into bins according to year and date. So I thought they were sorted.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby EthanA » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Really? I just assumed that one would understand with the comments in the thread...my bad...

They were searched by DATE and mint mark and SORTED accordingly, they are UNSEARCHED for Varieties and such........I stand corrected.

Geez tough crowd...I had just read the original post too....
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby natsb88 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 pm

EthanA wrote:Really? I just assumed that one would understand with the comments in the thread...my bad...

They were searched by DATE and mint mark and SORTED accordingly, they are UNSEARCHED for Varieties and such........I stand corrected.

Geez tough crowd...I had just read the original post too....

I think there's just some genuine confusion there. "Unsearched for errors" is not the same as "unsearched" when it comes to wheat pennies. Probably any bulk coin like this. But at least in terms of wheat pennies, sorted by date and mint mark is very much "searched" to bulk penny people.

"Unsearched" would be mixed date bags found at the back of the closet that Grandpa put away 50 years ago and nobody has gone through since then. Truly unsearched wheat pennies, as this group would define them, are rare indeed.

So most claims of "unsearched" wheat pennies are justifiably met with skepticism around here. "Unsearched for errors/varieties" would be be a more precise way of describing this collection to this market.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm not saying you were wrong. What I consider "Unsearched" is when they are all mixed together and I have to go through them and sort them according to year and mint. Always hoping to find that 09 S VDB or that 14D. That's what I call unsearched. I just don't take the time to search for varieties or errors. Maybe I should. If I could buy 100 bags of truly unsearched wheats for a decent price I would do it.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby EthanA » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:41 pm

natsb88 wrote: "Unsearched for errors/varieties" would be be a more precise way of describing this collection to this market.

I can not argue with this logic....and you are correct.

I guess my definition of unsearched in this case goes to many of email and pm's I have been dealing with. If you go back and read some of the things I said, such as unsearched except for the 55 DDO's etc but it all semantics and I was wrong in how I described it. Your quote above is perfect.
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby EthanA » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 pm

NDFarmer wrote: I just don't take the time to search for varieties or errors. Maybe I should.

Neither did he and I guess that is what I meant. Please do not hold him responsible for a poor choice of words that I used. However, if one reads the thread and the original post, and of course looks at the pictures, one would get the idea of what I meant even if I used a poor choice of words.

My bad not his......anyhow it is moot now...they are sold........
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby realhumancopper » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:11 pm

"Fappy"? I think "yappy" is a better description.............hal
realhumancopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sanford02 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:17 pm

google "fapping" .....in a private area
Sanford02
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Verbane » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:10 pm

realhumancopper wrote:"Fappy"? I think "yappy" is a better description.............hal

:clap:
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby EthanA » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Well he lost his battle on Friday and he will be buried on Wednesday.....he worked his store up until two weeks ago....few hours a day but that is what he wanted..I helped where I could, fixed computers, lifted thing too heavy for him, bought small odds and ends, and most of all just said hi. Now when I see the price of Silver drop, I have no where to go to hear 'Why do you only come when it drops?' We spent hours talking about things. He was ready, the last battle with Chemo just drained him......no fight left. I went to the hospital to say goodbye......he passed at home......

He got rid of all the wheats to Arizona and if Dave spends the time or has someone looking for varieties he will have made more than just a nice profit.

As for the 59's on...the memorials....well there were lots of MS64+RD and most likely a few 'pickers' also...I think those went for a very small portion over face....

I tried and I will always remember that most thought it was a scam. In all reality I can not blame anyone as the internet is full of cheats and swindlers, so no ill taken..I was just hoping to get lucky and find someone who wanted a collection that took the better part of 30 years to build.....an unsearched gold mine so to speak......

Peace be with you Gary...the Pennyman......You will be missed....
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Catfish4u » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:40 pm

Sorry to hear this! Prayers for all that knew him!
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby PennysaverCP » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:18 am

EthanA wrote:Well he lost his battle on Friday and he will be buried on Wednesday.....he worked his store up until two weeks ago....few hours a day but that is what he wanted..I helped where I could, fixed computers, lifted thing too heavy for him, bought small odds and ends, and most of all just said hi. Now when I see the price of Silver drop, I have no where to go to hear 'Why do you only come when it drops?' We spent hours talking about things. He was ready, the last battle with Chemo just drained him......no fight left. I went to the hospital to say goodbye......he passed at home......

He got rid of all the wheats to Arizona and if Dave spends the time or has someone looking for varieties he will have made more than just a nice profit.

As for the 59's on...the memorials....well there were lots of MS64+RD and most likely a few 'pickers' also...I think those went for a very small portion over face....

I tried and I will always remember that most thought it was a scam. In all reality I can not blame anyone as the internet is full of cheats and swindlers, so no ill taken..I was just hoping to get lucky and find someone who wanted a collection that took the better part of 30 years to build.....an unsearched gold mine so to speak......

Peace be with you Gary...the Pennyman......You will be missed....

Ethan-I'm sorry to hear of Gary's passing. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him (and you). Kudos to you for all that you did to help Gary. You were a good friend!!!! If there are pennies upstairs I'm sure Gary has already started sorting and has a nice stash built up!!!! RIP Gary
PennysaverCP
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 pm

On behalf of that part of society that continues on, I thank you Ethan for all you did for your friend. It is acts such as yours that make humanity a bit more human and this world a better place.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby EthanA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:11 pm

I went to the visitation this evening, talked with his wife....his love of coins started before I thought it did.

I do have some good news, his friend from way back, the one that helped him start it. He is taking over the shop for him. It will not close.

That would make him happy!

Cheers everyone for we know not when our maker calls...so make the best of what time He gives you...
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby EthanA » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Been a while, the store is still there but I can not find the time I guess to stop buy. I did for the 2nd time today. Started haggling and such as I did with Gary, and the new owner just went along with it. Wasn't the same but fun nonetheless. Business is good for the new owner, albeit not much from me until today. I guess I just walked away from coins for a bit. RIP Gary.
EthanA
Penny Sorter Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:25 pm

EthanA wrote:Been a while, the store is still there but I can not find the time I guess to stop buy. I did for the 2nd time today. Started haggling and such as I did with Gary, and the new owner just went along with it. Wasn't the same but fun nonetheless. Business is good for the new owner, albeit not much from me until today. I guess I just walked away from coins for a bit. RIP Gary.

we all need a break from time to time

glad to hear his friend is having success
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing