What's the best way to...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

What's the best way to...

Postby Sullysullinburg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Transport pennies? (I don't have a car or drivers licences so)
Open a box? (I keep the box to store the coppers)
Open a roll?
Sort a roll?(I'm looking fo the quickest way to sort out the coppers and wheats)
Roll a roll?(I roll the coppers back up and I don't want to keep counting to 50)
Ship a box?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Re: What's the best way to...

Postby MatthewsTech » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Transport pennies with a bicycle and a trailer(convert an old kid trailer or something)

Ive seen different types of boxes so depends what your getting

Open rolls... cwr i like to push the pennies through so the roll can be reused.... bwr i use a razor to cut it open quick.

Sort... ryedale!!! Then i handsort the coppers to get the wheats and canadians out.

Roll i use these counting tubes http://www.amazon.com/PM-Company-Color- ... B000RX0W3K

ship. Medium flat rate... follow directions in the sticky.
1% Cash Back on Bullion from Ebay @ ebates: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=EmU8DkL62%2BPQi2w8e28nMQ%3D%3D&eeid=26471 (referral link)

Plus earn even more at most online retailers.
MatthewsTech
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:08 pm

I heard someone using a mirror on the floor and then sorting the cents on a thick pane of glass over the mirror. Wheats are either on top and looking at you or wheat stalk down showing in the mirror.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Sullysullinburg wrote:Transport pennies? (I don't have a car or drivers licences so)
Limo Driver like mom or dad. Second best Backpack.
knife or scissors to cut sealing tape on box.
Open a roll?
Rollcracker 1000 - I ask Santa for one every year.
Sort a roll?(I'm looking fo the quickest way to sort out the coppers and wheats)
Ryedale then optical sort of copper cents. There are actually faster specialized machines such as a Mach 12, but most here prefer a Ryedale
Roll a roll?(I roll the coppers back up and I don't want to keep counting to 50)
Automatic coin rolling machines.. but they are heavy and expensive
Ship a box?
USPS Medium Flat Rate shipping of $100 Face Value.. Called a CTU (Copper Trade Unit) by seasoned RealCenters There are detailed instructions with pictures in the forums under the topic Shipping Pennies the proper way.

You're welcome! Hope you get a visit from the Silver Santa this year! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Sullysullinburg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
Sullysullinburg wrote:Transport pennies? (I don't have a car or drivers licences so)
Limo Driver like mom or dad. Second best Backpack. Backpack is what I'm doing right now. 3 boxes is my max!
knife or scissors to cut sealing tape on box. Mine are glued at the bottom.
Open a roll?
Rollcracker 1000 - I ask Santa for one every year. Is this an inside joke?
Ryedale then optical sort of copper cents. There are actually faster specialized machines such as a Mach 12, but most here prefer a Ryedale Yeah would love to get one but they kinda cost $500 so yeah.
Automatic coin rolling machines.. but they are heavy and expensive Yeah same problem as above.
Ship a box?
USPS Medium Flat Rate shipping of $100 Face Value.. Called a CTU (Copper Trade Unit) by seasoned RealCenters There are detailed instructions with pictures in the forums under the topic Shipping Pennies the proper way. Thanks does anyone know how much a CTU cost to ship?

You're welcome! Hope you get a visit from the Silver Santa this year! Hope so too! :mrgreen:
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Open a roll?
Ryedale then optical sort of copper cents. There are actually faster specialized machines such as a Mach 12, but most here prefer a Ryedale
Ship a box?
USPS Medium Flat Rate shipping of $100 Face Value.. Called a CTU (Copper Trade Unit) by seasoned RealCenters There are detailed instructions with pictures in the forums under the topic Shipping Pennies the proper way.

Merry Christmas stranger
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sullysullinburg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:
Open a roll?
Ship a box?

Merry Christmas stranger

Thanks?
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:24 pm

I added a front basket to my bike (though for more varied reasons), I find it will take 2
boxes ($50) of pennies. Technically it would "fit" much more than that but that's about
the comfortable weight limit before things get wobbly. This way it's up front where you
can see it.

Some people perfer to go a bit more intense on each trip though...

fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fasteddy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm

I have seen them transported here on RC via a sled, if no snow then maybe a lil red wagon
I use a Buck #290 Rush silver drop point knife to slice open the tape sealing the box
Open a roll?
Poly tubes...I use the same knife above but I do not leave marks on the cents. Paper rolls...the knife to unroll, a heavy metal object to bust open the rolls...some cut off a crimped end and then push out the cents with their finger or a stick.
Ryedale of course....maybe the next best would be a gram scale the reads to the tenth or better.
I don't know here, I toss in a drum....but maybe the scale would work also if you have one that goes to 155 grams
Ship a box?
Yeah see Hoards sticky....

fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing