Getting bags...ATTN HCBTT

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Getting bags...ATTN HCBTT

Postby slickeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:58 pm

I just like to rub it in that I get bags. Here is $900 I recently picked up to sort.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Getting bags...ATTN HCBTT

Postby tinhorn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Red X. Heeheehee.
Attachments
red x.jpg
red x.jpg (74.33 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Can't see the picture. I could post a few as well....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Roadrunner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I don't want to hear about it.
I DON'T want to hear about it.
I DON'T want to hear about it!
I DON'T want to hear about it!!
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen:
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NoCents » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 pm

I sorted those already. :P
I like my guns the same way Obama likes is immigrants.....UNDOCUMENTED!!!!

NoCents User Feedback
NoCents
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Dang nabbit, someone snuck in and stole my bags.
slickeast

Postby Coppercrazy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Just a bit of advice to those who want bags-you have to talk to the main teller-they have to somehow not think youre a crackpot and think that its cool youre looking for old coins.....and the bank has to have a machine that sorts coin by denomination into coin lok bags.....and you can get the bags! remind them you are saving the bank the money its charged for rolled coin....good luck!
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Coppercrazy wrote:Just a bit of advice to those who want bags-you have to talk to the main teller-they have to somehow not think youre a crackpot and think that its cool youre looking for old coins.....and the bank has to have a machine that sorts coin by denomination into coin lok bags.....and you can get the bags! remind them you are saving the bank the money its charged for rolled coin....good luck!

Hasn't worked for over 100 banks for me. These include different branches of some of the same banks. I got one branch of one bank to let me have bags. The other branches in the area of this one bank...NO, NO, NO! :cry:

I've gave up for awhile....it's ok cause I got hundreds more to try...the rejection I'm starting to take personally! :evil:
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Did someone mention getting bags... :D

CIA Spy Cam picture taken through the walls of HCBTT basement
Copper Catcher

Postby Joogaler » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Image
Did someone mention getting bags... :D

CIA Spy Cam picture taken through the walls of HCBTT basement

So that's where my green bed ended up at...

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

slickeast

Postby Joogaler » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:58 pm

If my calculations are correct, that right around 540 Lbs (figuring 25% being copper). So you sir are 40 lbs over the limit on that cart! :lol:

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:53 am

Joogaler wrote:If my calculations are correct, that right around 540 Lbs (figuring 25% being copper). So you sir are 40 lbs over the limit on that cart! :lol:

Those carts are tough. For the price of the cart, it is about the best investment you can make.
slickeast

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:05 am

My local bank gets 4 to 6 bags a week.. they said I can have them all.. I bought the tellers some Valentines candies to get on their good side :D
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Copper Catcher

Postby TXBullion » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 am

When I get back home, Im buying one of those carts. Mine just got a "loose" wheel :lol:
TXBullion

Postby knibloe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 am

Here is something to try. It worked for me:

The local car wash dispenses quarters as change. They go through a lot of bags of quaters.The bank told me they get 30 bags at a time. Since the bank is already ordering large amounts of coin for the car wash, they are nice enough to order small amounts of bagged coins for me on a weekly basis. This doesn't cost them any extra because they have a contract with Loomis.

Find a bank that has a commercial coin customer and see if you can piggy back onto it.

Good luck.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 am

slickeast wrote:Image

Those look like my dump banks bags. Hope your not getting those.... :lol:
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Joogaler » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:13 am

slickeast wrote:
Joogaler wrote:If my calculations are correct, that right around 540 Lbs (figuring 25% being copper). So you sir are 40 lbs over the limit on that cart! :lol:

Those carts are tough. For the price of the cart, it is about the best investment you can make.

Yeah I picked one up a couple weeks ago. The cart is perfect for pick ups and dumps!

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 am

Ah.. I see the problem now. None of my banks have coin counting machines.. hence no bags.

You guys and your bags.. kinda lazy if you ask me.. some of us "work" for our copper.

My cart has a 660 pound capacity. My Wagon has a 1000 pound capacity.. haven't needed to take the wagon to the bank yet. Just waitin' for one of my banks to call me and tell me they have a wagonload of bags for me to pick up.

Enjoy your bags.. I'm sorting in a t-shirt and shorts. How's the weather where you are sorting? I hear cold pennies don't flow through the Ryedales as well. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby STINGER » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:42 am

Took 4 bags of zincs to the bank one morning that had been in the truck all night temp got down to -10 took them forever To get them counted. They told me it was because the coins were so cold.

Maybe I'll put the next load in the microwave before I take them in
STINGER
Penny Sorter Member

Postby slickeast » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:51 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:You guys and your bags.. kinda lazy if you ask me.. some of us "work" for

My Wagon has a 1000 pound capacity

Enjoy your bags.. I'm sorting in a t-shirt and shorts. How's the weather where you are sorting? I hear cold pennies don't flow through the Ryedales as well. :mrgreen:

Work smarter not harder.

I have one of those 1000 lb wagons, I like the cart, it folds down for easy transporting.

It's in the mid 50's here, perfect sorting weather for me. Better than the 100° + weather we have in the summer.

I bet you can get more pennies in a bucket than us, the earthquakes shake the buckets and settle the coins for you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
slickeast

Re: dump banks?

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 am

Ok i have read enough from this topic! I am going to go sit in my garage with it being 20 degrees out and start to break open my rolls. both of you have atleast one upside that i don't. Not sure who i envy more!
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:51 pm

I use the cart all the time. One of the best investments in equipment I ever made. The handle folds down and it stores easily in the trunk. I usually keep it in the trunk just in case I get lucky on a drive-by and they have more than $200 in pennies for me to haul off.

The wagon is used primarily for transporting small quantities of pennies around the penny processing center.

Yeah, the earthquakes help settle the coppers in the buckets.. but the downside is you can't stack the buckets too high.. could get ugly.. anything below 6.0 we just call a foot massage.

Each area has certain advantages. I envy the yields some other members get.. I envy the lucky members that can get their coins in bags.. I envy the members that can easily dump unlimited quantities in high speed lobby coin counters for free.. but you pretty much can only sort where you are. The solution for me.. just buy a few more coin machines.. and try to give the other members machine envy.

Be thankful and aware of the advantages your area offers.. and also be thankful for the challenges and difficulties that must be overcome.. as this discourages competition. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby cuppoor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 pm

I just found out that my source bank (where I have all my accounts and money and from which I buy $100-200 weekly in Brinks boxes) is getting a counting machine. I hate breaking rolls from my source bank since it's time consuming and I cut my fingers now and then. If this really happens then my dump bank will become my source bank (and vice versa) since the former has several commercial clients (vending machines/bars, etc.) and they always have bags that I never buy because I'm worried that I will get my junk back.

My question is based on the fact that a teller at the present source bank tells me that I could both source and dump at his bank once they get the coin counter because they use Brinks and Brinks always send everything they get back to the local FED and anything you get from them is "fresh" back from the FED. I think he's full of it since I still get 30% copper from those brinks boxes he sells me and that has to be coming from local sources. I've bought a few of the dump bank bags in the past when I knew they weren't my dumps and have found the yields to 30%+ with good wheat and Canadians. I don't know why I get good percentages so I wonder if my math is wrong. I figure 147 coppers per pound and my scales are accurate. I have based my yield on weight since I stopped hand sorting a year ago. I live in central Indiana, BTW.
cuppoor
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing