New Guy Arvest troubles

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

New Guy Arvest troubles

Postby STINGER » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello new to forum been reading for very Long time every day so hopefully I won't be asking to many new guy questions as I have already ran tons of coin and come across similar problems as many here but the bank that has fired me up the most is Arvest just wondering if anyone else is dumping at these banks and had any troubles with them they were my best dump bank but have shut me down now I've had to cut back from a couple thousand a week to about 500 per week I know that's a lot of coin but they were extremely rude and also lied to me when they cut me off even lied to me before I even started Looking forward to hearing from others. Thanks
STINGER
Penny Sorter Member

Re: New Guy Arvest troubles

Postby Corsair » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:26 pm

The only times I've encountered Arvest Bank has been during my summer trips to Branson, Missouri. I always stop by all the banks in town to buy as many pennies and halves as they'll sell me.

Arvest consistently denies all of my requests to purchase even the smallest amount of coins. I am very glad I don't have to deal with them in my hometown.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm

STINGER wrote:Hello new to forum been reading for very Long time every day so hopefully I won't be asking to many new guy questions as I have already ran tons of coin and come across similar problems as many here but the bank that has fired me up the most is Arvest just wondering if anyone else is dumping at these banks and had any troubles with them they were my best dump bank but have shut me down now I've had to cut back from a couple thousand a week to about 500 per week I know that's a lot of coin but they were extremely rude and also lied to me when they cut me off even lied to me before I even started Looking forward to hearing from others. Thanks

So Arvest here, but holy cow. Punctuation please. Almost impossible for me to read....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Roadrunner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Like a Pauline epistle, except worse. ;)
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jldco » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 pm

They do seem to be a little hard to get along with at times. All smiles and happy when you open your account, but when it comes to actually doing what they said was ok on the front end, well, they don't smile so much... you probably just overwhelmed them with your dumps. That's probably not just Arvest though.

Where are you located? I guess your in Ark, OK, or MO somewhere. If your in an larger area with several branches, like OKC or Tulsa you might try just spreading the joy (zinc) between branches since your account # is good no matter where you go. That way maybe you won't draw so much attention to yourself.

I just bought some 90% and 40% halves from an Arvest vault mgr today. So they are kind of on my good side for the time being. He'll sell me pennies or silver coins or whatever I want in bags... I just suppose nobody likes to be the dump bank... But, that being said, I closed my Arvest account a few years ago for basically the same trouble you are having.
jldco
Penny Pincher Member

Postby STINGER » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Thing is i tell them i have tons of pennies to dump they tell me thats fine then i say i really mean TONS told them i had 55 gal drums full at the time bout 8k in zincs, they say just fine we have slow times all the time give us something to do. i bring in 700 and ask manager if he can handle it tells me lets limit it to 2 bags (250-300) a week fine i spread it to 4 branches 3 towns until i meet this horrible woman at one i had been bringing a couple bags a week in for about over a month i bring in one bag teller tells me you can go ahead and get the other. I'm reading the paper waiting when Asst manager tells me we are not doing it after teller has run at least half a bag asst puts them on chairs and rolls them out front tells me to get them out. Lucky for her i had put in a dip bout 5 min before she started running her mouth because i was seriously thinking about throwing both bags all over the floor and telling her to call me when she got them counted as i walk out the door. Instead take them to the next bank. Next bank is the main branch they count commercial coin so couple bags should be no problem. The mouth at the last bank had called ahead of me. Manager there sets down with me and says the can do it for me because it requires a business acct and tells me that is more trouble than its worth (THINKS SHE HAS ME CORNERED) Well just so happens i am a business owner and have been since the age of 20 and have everything with me to open a business acct. Well we charge 5% to our commercial customers we cant do it for free. FINE Tells me she will call me when she talks it over with other managers. Calls me 3 days later and tells me that there is nothing they can do for me and will not accept anymore pennies. Continues to tell me the reason is that the bank in my town has to roll all those pennies by hand (she must have thought i was stupid) i have been there when the armored trucks come we all know they send them to the fed in $50 bags and that they buy all coin from fed. That made me extremely mad. lied to me Was thinking might just have a nice sign made and hang it form my 80ft truck mounted crane for everyone to see what i think about them and leave it boom up stabilizers down in there parking lot for awhile.
STINGER
Penny Sorter Member

Postby jldco » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 am

Where are you at Stinger? If you don't want to post that maybe you can PM me if you have enough posts to do that. I don't remember ...
jldco
Penny Pincher Member

Postby STINGER » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 pm

SWMO
STINGER
Penny Sorter Member

Postby jldco » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:14 pm

PM Sent
jldco
Penny Pincher Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:34 pm

A Bank lied? You mean I can't trust the banks? :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing