Credit Union hand counted my change.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Credit Union hand counted my change.

Postby coppernickel » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 am

I had a nice bag of cents and took it to a little branch of the credit union I had visited before, near a family member I was visiting, and if they had a counter.

They told me "no, but we can hand count it for you." I agreed and came back an hour later. $45.96 was the total.

It got me thinking, were they really that board? Who are they trying to impress? Why . . ?

They looked rather frazzled, and don't plan to do that again, but with the time I filled out a "How's your service card and raved they are great." :clap:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Credit Union hand counted my change.

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:32 pm

If the banks and CUs in my area don't have a counter they typically don't accept unrolled coinage unless it's less than a rolls worth. Same with the grocery stores.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Kodak moment for sure!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tinhorn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Haha! I had a similar experience. Had six unopened boxes I needed to turn into FRNs, so I took two boxes to each of three branches of my bank. First bank, I'm standing in line and a teller opens up her window--"Those look heavy; bring them here." Second bank, nothing out of the ordinary, teller takes my pennies and gives me a receipt. Third bank, teller rips open each UNSEALED box. Then COUNTS every roll! Hahahahahahaha!
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OdedPaz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:07 pm

My credit union also asked me not to bring rolled coins, since they have to count them manually.

But the kick was that they now charge 3% to do it, so I said, very politely "no thanks"...
OdedPaz

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing