1982 copper LMC's

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: 1982 copper LMC's

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:51 pm

I got the latest edition of Numismatic News on December 30th. On the front page is an article about someone finding a 1982-D small date copper cent. Can someone with some technical skills post a link to this article on this thread? Anyway, first one found in 34 years. Found in Minnesota where I live, could have been me! It will be interesting to see what this coin sells for if it goes up for sale. If anyone has a pile of copper 82s, it might be worth your time to see if you have another one.

Good luck!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wolvesdad » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:05 am

hobo finds wrote:You got to keep them separated!

And that is from a song I listened to as a college student!!
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby willy13 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks for posting about this find. I have been looking for this rare find myself.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/r ... pper-found
willy13
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Numis Pam » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 pm

This will be a fun one to search for!
I have many boxes of seperated 82's that I have never checked for large, small date errors, or sorted out the copper cause I was too busy sorting boxes and bags, for copper as fast as I could, just setting a side the 82's for later Since I cant do that right now due to medical issues, I guess it is time to sort and check my 82s! :D ;)
I saved all 82's I came across in hopes to someday check them individually. :angel:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Numis Pam wrote:This will be a fun one to search for!...Since I cant do that right now due to medical issues, I guess it is time to sort and check my 82s! :D ;)
:angel:

Pam: Here is hoping and praying that your current medical issues become a distant memory in no time.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing