Thread on 95% LMC's on a coin forum

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Thread on 95% LMC's on a coin forum

Postby KeepStacking » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:13 am

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topi ... _ID=193577

I found it interesting (or maybe odd is a better word) that one guy there was trying to convince people not to stack these by using the price of common wheat cents as proof. Thoughts?
KeepStacking

Re: Thread on 95% LMC's on a coin forum

Postby thedrifter » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:47 am

I wonder if he is trying to discourage people from pulling them from circulation so he has more for himself? As if he actually has even a slight influence over a substantial number of people or a substantial influence over a slight number of people. I don't know but more for us believers.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby KeepStacking » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:54 am

thedrifter wrote:I wonder if he is trying to discourage people from pulling them from circulation so he has more for himself? As if he actually has even a slight influence over a substantial number of people or a substantial influence over a slight number of people. I don't know but more for us believers.

Not sure. The guy seemed adamant about it being a waste of time. I like how the one poster talked about nickel hoarders and specifically the composition of Buffalo nickels versus common Jefferson nickels and the associated prices. I wonder if that finally smacked some logic in the wheat penny guy? :clap:
KeepStacking

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:18 pm

That's why you are here and that goof ain't!

If you stick with copper cents you will come across TONS of individuals who think they know everything!

If I was you, I would stick to the modern error section over there and let the other stuff go in one ear and out the other.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thedrifter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:21 pm

[quote="KeepStacking"][quote="thedrifter"] I like how the one poster talked about nickel hoarders and specifically the composition of Buffalo nickels versus common Jefferson nickels and the associated prices.

Is there a difference in the composition? I was not aware of this.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby knibloe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:12 am

One of the last posts stated that even if it became legal to melt them there would still not be a market because there would be a rush to scrap them.

1. That indicates that the author believes that there are a lot of people saving them.
2. Even if every LMC was scrapped at once, that would only be a drop in the bucket of all of the copper that is out there and the market would easily absorb it.

I believe that it will be difficult to scrap them in the future because recyclers will not want to hassle verifying if they are copper or not. That is where you would need a good reputation with the scrap dealer. Not saying mine would go for scrap.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby KeepStacking » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:28 am

thedrifter wrote:
KeepStacking wrote:
thedrifter wrote: I like how the one poster talked about nickel hoarders and specifically the composition of Buffalo nickels versus common Jefferson nickels and the associated prices.

Is there a difference in the composition? I was not aware of this.

I don't think so and I think that was his point. Wheat cents and 1959-81 LMC's are the same composition, as are Buffalo Nickels and common Jefferson nickels. I think he was trying to say that using common wheat cent prices that haven't changed over many years was similar to common Buffalo nickel pricing not having changed much either. In other words, both have a premium and are not based on the nickel or copper metal prices.
KeepStacking

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing