Banks are Aware

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Banks are Aware

Postby Economist » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Jonas and Cuppoor,

Where in Hoosierland are you guys? Just curious. I came down here from Grand Rapids last year. I wasn't sorting heavy up there, but I've sorted a lot in Michigan and loved the %s as well as the high Canadian %. I'm in Muncie now and getting a nice 28% average. I've got a ton of banks here and they all treat me pretty well (of course I treat them well in return). I recently met the president of First Merchants, in fact (one of my dump banks)--he invited me down to the office to talk economics; I don't think I'll be telling him what I use his bank for!!
Economist
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NashuaSolstice » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:36 pm

reloader wrote:Collectors have been going through change for the last hundred years. Its nothing new. You just have the balls to go in cold and ask for what you want. It helps if your local bank works with you.

this seems to be the best approach for me also.
NashuaSolstice
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:50 pm

I rarely ask anymore since I started ordering in advance. Takes all the angst out of it. Now, when I walk in I say to the teller, "Did my boxes come in yet?"

I order them over the phone on Sat & Wed for pick ups Tue & Fri

Once in a while I ask at the credit union, but it takes the teller forever to Sharpie out the account numbers on the rolls. Best not to try that when there's ten people in line behind you. 8-)
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby mtalbot_ca » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 pm

They are aware. Just got news today. The tellers at my bank got a memo of not to sale to individuals rolls of coin in order to reserve them for their commercial client, apparently it costs to much to order coins.
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cuppoor » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:39 am

Economist wrote:Jonas and Cuppoor,

Where in Hoosierland are you guys? Just curious. I came down here from Grand Rapids last year. I wasn't sorting heavy up there, but I've sorted a lot in Michigan and loved the %s as well as the high Canadian %. I'm in Muncie now and getting a nice 28% average. I've got a ton of banks here and they all treat me pretty well (of course I treat them well in return). I recently met the president of First Merchants, in fact (one of my dump banks)--he invited me down to the office to talk economics; I don't think I'll be telling him what I use his bank for!!

North side of Indianapolis at banks that you just know the tellers are going to like candy sugar high when you walk in around late afternoon.
cuppoor
Penny Sorter Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing