"My Coinstar" account

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

"My Coinstar" account

Postby thunter » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:21 pm

I see that Coinstar now will track the history of your transactions through a free account you set up. Go to coinstar.com to check it out. Supposedly you'll receive special offers every once in a while like the Lowes offer in December. I think I'll sign up. Nothing to lose except more junk in my email box. :( What do you all think? It might pay off down the road and the statistics would be interesting.

I dump my clad coins I find metal detecting at Coinstar every once in a while too. Some of them look pretty awful! :lol: I choose the Amazon certificate each time and that has worked out good. Most of my coins are unloaded at a bank with a Cummins machine for free. But you have to spread the wealth (so to speak) and one thing I've determined is that you have to keep up with disposing the zinc pennies along the way or it will really get out of hand.
thunter
Penny Pincher Member

Re: "My Coinstar" account

Postby tn-dave » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks for the info. I believe I'll sign up and see what offers come in also.
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:07 pm

I signed up earlier this week and the latest special is a $10 itunes bump-up. $50 coupon for $40 in coins. Not bad if you use itunes, but I don't...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby rickygee » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:28 pm

I luv coinstar! I don't use it, but there's one in our store. Check it 3 or 4 times a day for rejects and stuff left in the tray. Every now and then I score and today was a good day! 1937 wheatie, (2) 1982, 1970D. :lol: Hey, the '37 fills a hole. Biggest score was $.45, four clad dimes and a nickel in the reject bin.
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:06 pm

rickygee wrote:I luv coinstar! I don't use it, but there's one in our store. Check it 3 or 4 times a day for rejects and stuff left in the tray. Every now and then I score and today was a good day! 1937 wheatie, (2) 1982, 1970D. :lol: Hey, the '37 fills a hole. Biggest score was $.45, four clad dimes and a nickel in the reject bin.

My son Theodore got a 1939 1¢ ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS coin out of the bin!
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thunter » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 am

henrysmedford wrote:
rickygee wrote:I luv coinstar! I don't use it, but there's one in our store. Check it 3 or 4 times a day for rejects and stuff left in the tray. Every now and then I score and today was a good day! 1937 wheatie, (2) 1982, 1970D. :lol: Hey, the '37 fills a hole. Biggest score was $.45, four clad dimes and a nickel in the reject bin.

My son Theodore got a 1939 1¢ ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS coin out of the bin!

Congrats to Theodore on the old foreign coin! :D Very cool. Thanks again for all the tips. Much appreciated. ;)
thunter
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cuppoor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 am

I cant walk by a Coinstar without checking the tray and looking around the general vicinity. Latest find was a 2000 Canadian quarter and a copper penny. My wife does it too and her best score was $.85 in US nickels and dimes. Not sure why those were in the reject tray?
cuppoor
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:48 am

They moved the machine to another area at my local supermarket just as I was coming in. Under the machine was loaded with coins, 3 of us picked them up. I picked up over $5(mostly Canadian quarters).
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cuppoor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 am

Ironically, the Canadian quarters are worth more than US quarters at face value. I expect this trend to continue.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/CAD/graph120.html
cuppoor
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing