new hand sorter-1982 offcenter error common

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

new hand sorter-1982 offcenter error common

Postby tonym9 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Great forum, good info.

I've hit a milestone since 1/1/11...sorted $250 by hand...$5 goal per day. Do it during my lunch sitting in the car where I would be doing nothing but listening to the radio and resting my back anyway, so any CU found is extra $. Have $63 in copper 59-81s and about .45 in wheatees so far. BTW, the car is great for light.

2 1982 coppers and a 79 have grabbed my attention. It looks like they were not in the mint's punch exactly right and the obverse isn't centered, off by 1-2.5mm. Is this common? Error worth anything? Sorry to price cop but am excited about the find. Hoping for beginner's luck so I can convince my wife that I have not lost my mind :D

Gotta love that copper taste....started bringing some nytrils to the car for lunch.

I also do it while I'm listening to stuff over the net at home. Amazing the breadth of info that's out there once you become aware and aren't a sheepee anymore.
tonym9

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing