New part-time job: PennyArcade Tech

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

New part-time job: PennyArcade Tech

Postby Morsecode » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Well, I could be anyway. Seems the darn things go haywire every other dump run, and I've gotten to know more about fixing them than the tellers.

Spent the better part of an hour today trouble shooting one at a branch I had previously never visited. I had to - my zincs were only half counted when the thing jammed. I told the teller I might be able to fix it and she, one of only two people working at the branch, was only to happy to oblige. They sure are trusting folk :D

I was knee deep in quarter bags and penny heaven. Course, there were probably 47 cameras on me the whole while...Eventually I managed to unjam it (a technical term). Someone had dropped one of those elongated Lincolns into it which not only froze the wheel-thingie (again, technical), but also pushed the sensor aside.

Next time I'll bring my 15 in 1 pocket utility tool. That will impress them.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: New part-time job: PennyArcade Tech

Postby bankmining » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Good job - be sure to send them an invoice for the work done and ask to be paid in pennies :)
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Joogaler » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 am

bankmining wrote:Good job - be sure to send them an invoice for the work done and ask to be paid in pennies :)

Rofl I second the notion/motion.

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby bman » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

That would be my dream job - they might not even have to pay me if I could keep all the oddball stuff that gets caught in the machines. :mrgreen:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing