Pulled the trigger and ordered my first 10 boxes

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Pulled the trigger and ordered my first 10 boxes

Postby spjegues » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:39 pm

I had been ordering 1 to 2 boxes a week and finally pulled the trigger with 10 boxes at a new branch. I called and ordered and then 1 hour later they called back just to confirm the order. My boxes are averaging 21% copper. Not great but based off where I live out west I am happy with the percentage . I guess I have the madness.
spjegues
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Pulled the trigger and ordered my first 10 boxes

Postby Morsecode » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 am

Yes, that would be the correct diagnosis.

After getting my dump run finally finished this afternoon, I was too late getting to my pick up branch. I paced outside the locked doors like a homeless dog for a few minutes and pondered how a penniless day might unfold. Would I have to watch TV? Do laundry? Possibly interact with other humans?

Ugh!
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NashuaSolstice » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 am

u got the fever copper is the cure!
NashuaSolstice
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Corsair » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:12 am

NashuaSolstice wrote:u got the fever copper is the cure!

Christopher Walken and I might suggest another prescription...

It never hurts to stock up on more boxes than you can sort in a week. Buy an extra few each time you order, so that if a rainy day ever arises, you'll be prepared.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 am

COW BELL....needs more cow bell!

Rule #1 Always have an emergency back-up! Either for weekends, holidays, or unplanned personal situations that some of us call "acts of God"!

Make yourself a glass case...throw a couple of boxes in there. In case of emergency...BREAK GLASS!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 am

I just don't have the courage to order 10 boxes. I'm afraid they will all turn out to be new, shiny 2010 pennies :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jasmatk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:08 pm

pennypicker wrote:I just don't have the courage to order 10 boxes. I'm afraid they will all turn out to be new, shiny 2010 pennies :o

yeah that'd be a real kick in the sack
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:30 am

Not afraid to order 10 boxes. I usually order 24 boxes at a time. I keep hoping I will get an entire shipment of nice shiny new 2011 pennies.

Like several others have suggested.. it is always a good idea to keep a few extra boxes on hand so you don't run out. I start sweating if I get below 40 boxes. :mrgreen:

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:18 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Not afraid to order 10 boxes. I usually order 24 boxes at a time.

You don't get questioned at the bank? Do you have a friend that works there? How do you pick them up? Dolly? Crates with multiple trips in and out of the bank? I really want to step up my volume but I get weird looks and stuff just asking for 1 or 2 boxes.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:09 pm

After a while they don't ask questions anymore. I just tell them I am a collector.

I didn't start with any friends at the bank.. but I have made a few, since I take all their CWR and they never have to ship.

For up to 8 boxes I just carry it out in 2 canvas tote bags.. 4 per side. For 24 boxes, I use a dolly.. 660 pound capacity. The dolly is one of the best investments you can make if you are going to step up your volume.

The reason you are getting funny looks is you are only asking for 1 or 2 boxes.. I use that many boxes just to buy gas. Of course it does sometimes take time to get set up for reasonable size orders.. you want to get to know the folks at the bank. Of course you could step up your volume if you did 2 boxes each at several banks.. but that is a lot of driving around. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby VWBEAMER » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Yea, I found out the Cashers are glad to rid of the CWR. I went Friday and got some and i said thanks, the cashier said thank you! You can have these any time, keeps us from having to deal with them.

I went to different branch and asked for CWR, the teller didn't know what I wanted and brought me a 25 dollar box from brinks. So that branch is my dump bank now.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing