Newbie sorter in tx

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Newbie sorter in tx

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Ah, shucks, I am no longer an Administrator? Then I will settle for Grand Poobah.

And now to give my post some value...I have confirmed that Security Service Federal Credit Union has a free-of-charge (to account holders) coin counter in the lobby to return any and all coins for deposit. I am unaware how far they go outside of San Antonio where I reside.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Hi all,
I am also a noob in the Great State of Texas. I am in the San antonio area. I just joined yesterday after reading posts off and on for a month.

I had been saving all my change for about 3 years. After finding this website, I sorted all my pennies and had about 16% pre-1982s. Now I am using all my change to buy stuff. The people at the gas station aren't too happy about being handed rolls of quarters, dimes, nickels...

So I get that a pre-1982 penny is worth 3 cents, but who is going to buy it from me after I go to the trouble of sorting it out of the zincolns? Are the pre-1982s on eBay really selling at say $24.95 per $10 face?

Do most of you intend to hoard the pennies until everyone else in the country (world?) recognizes that our fiat paper money is worthless? I can do that too, instead of selling.

Finally, if anyone else is sorting in the San Antonio area, where do you go to get rid of your sorted pennies?

Signed,
shinnosuke...another noob with lots of questions

Hello,

I am also in San Antonio, and think I have not had any penny competition in this area until you joined. I only know of one big half sorter here. What part of town are you in? I hit banks all over town, but I wouldn't want us to step on each others toes.

Welcome!
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:58 pm

chris6084 wrote:
I am also a noob in the Great State of Texas. I am in the San antonio area. I just joined yesterday after reading posts off and on for a month.

I had been saving all my change for about 3 years. After finding this website, I sorted all my pennies and had about 16% pre-1982s. Now I am using all my change to buy stuff. The people at the gas station aren't too happy about being handed rolls of quarters, dimes, nickels...

So I get that a pre-1982 penny is worth 3 cents, but who is going to buy it from me after I go to the trouble of sorting it out of the zincolns? Are the pre-1982s on eBay really selling at say $24.95 per $10 face?

Do most of you intend to hoard the pennies until everyone else in the country (world?) recognizes that our fiat paper money is worthless? I can do that too, instead of selling.

Finally, if anyone else is sorting in the San Antonio area, where do you go to get rid of your sorted pennies?

Signed,
shinnosuke...another noob with lots of questions

Hello,

I am also in San Antonio, and think I have not had any penny competition in this area until you joined. I only know of one big half sorter here. What part of town are you in? I hit banks all over town, but I wouldn't want us to step on each others toes.

Welcome!

Hi Chris,
So far I am operating my penny searches and dumps mostly in the 1604/IH-10 area. Occasionally I pick up by Seaworld. How about you?

There's bound to be others doing the same thing in San Antonio already that haven't found this website so we wouldn't know of them. For instance, the other day I stopped into my dump bank and found several large freezer strength zip-lock bags in the trash can next to the coin counter in the lobby. One of them was marked "1500 pennies" in magic marker. Was that you?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I wonder if we can ever do business together...work together on a big transaction and split the profits. I don't have anything specifically in mind, but there might be some benefit in combining our capital. Yikes, that makes me a capitalist! Send me a private message if you can think of something that makes sense for us to team up on. Otherwise, talk to you later on the forum.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:16 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Hi Chris,
So far I am operating my penny searches and dumps mostly in the 1604/IH-10 area. Occasionally I pick up by Seaworld. How about you?

There's bound to be others doing the same thing in San Antonio already that haven't found this website so we wouldn't know of them. For instance, the other day I stopped into my dump bank and found several large freezer strength zip-lock bags in the trash can next to the coin counter in the lobby. One of them was marked "1500 pennies" in magic marker. Was that you?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I wonder if we can ever do business together...work together on a big transaction and split the profits. I don't have anything specifically in mind, but there might be some benefit in combining our capital. Yikes, that makes me a capitalist! Send me a private message if you can think of something that makes sense for us to team up on. Otherwise, talk to you later on the forum.

Hi,
You dump at Security Service right? I dont use them. I walked into one of their locations once and asked for ONE roll of quarters, and they said they didn't have that much on hand. I figured they were not worth dealing with. I didn't know they had coin counters. I dump at Capital One. They have free counters, but I must warn you, they might cry if you dump to much at once or too often. I know the half sorter I referred to earlier had already been cut off from at least one location, and they have rolled their eyes more than once when I walk in. Since the one location told me about the 'half dollar guy' I have never seen him since. We have had a few run-ins at coin counters before that.

I am in the north east area, but I do bank runs on Saturday through out town. They usually center around a dump at Capital One, and pick ups at all surounding banks. There is one by Sea World, so I have an occasional time there of bank pick ups.

Feel free to PM me about any questions you may have. I have been doing this for several years, but I have not sold any of my pennies yet. Just hoarding.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Signed,
shinnosuke

If y'all don't mind, I'll hang out here again.
Doug
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:48 pm

We'll Bully! :wave:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Thogey wrote:We'll Bully! :wave:

Howdy, Thogey. Thanks for the kind welcome back.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Wow, welcome back Shin! Long time no see. I'm still hanging in here.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Glad to see you back!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:30 pm

68Camaro wrote:Wow, welcome back Shin! Long time no see. I'm still hanging in here.

You're too kind. It is good to see you are still posting.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:31 pm

TXSTARFIRE wrote:Glad to see you back!

Truly thankful for the kind reception.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby sparechange » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Wow a great blast from the past!!! Welcome back my friend, you have been missed.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:36 am

Great to have you back!! You've been missed!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:03 am

shinnosuke wrote:
Signed,
shinnosuke

If y'all don't mind, I'll hang out here again.
Doug

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away. Glad to have you back.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Not only are everyone's comments much appreciated, but I also remember how much I liked reading the quotes in your signatures.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby amalekidad » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:25 pm

So glad to see you back in the game! You have been missed.
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 am

I am from Willis, but now live in PA
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby chris6084 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:59 pm

Welcome back!!
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ScottyTX » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Man welcome back Shinn, thought you were a gonner... Really used to enjoy your posts man!! I'm trying to start back active again. I've been out of the game the past three years.

Scotty from Montgomery, TX
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Time for another RCGTG in TX! welcome back dude.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 pm

ScottyTX wrote:Man welcome back Shinn, thought you were a gonner... Really used to enjoy your posts man!! I'm trying to start back active again. I've been out of the game the past three years.

Scotty from Montgomery, TX

Hey Scotty,
It's good to see a post from you. I've been in Montgomery a few times here lately. My dear old 88 year old dad can't maintain his 10 acres and home off of Keenan Cut Off Road so I've been working there on some weekends. Trying to list it for sale by the end of this month. Do you know anybody looking to buy in the area? We could even split the land if need be...but would prefer not to.

Us Texas guys need to look out for each other.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:49 pm

fasteddy wrote:Time for another RCGTG in TX! welcome back dude.

Howdy Eddy. How have you been. It would be great if we could all get together. A metals potluck. I'll bring the coronavirus.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

Howdy Eddy. How have you been. It would be great if we could all get together. A metals potluck. I'll bring the coronavirus.

Look what the cat dragged in.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:05 am

Speaking of that - OBAAT when did you move to Florida? Weren't you in IL? (Maybe I'm confused.) But I missed that move somewhere along the line. (Not that it isn't a logical move given the state of the two states.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

Look what the cat dragged in.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It really only feels like home after the insults start. LOL
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing