Woodforest Bank

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Woodforest Bank

Postby Joogaler » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm

So I've been banking at woodforest bank for about a year.And I started sorting pennies about 2 months ago, and would use Woodforrest to get my pennies. They told me one day that It would be easier for them and me if I just ordered them, so I started ordering them by $100 a week. Then they tell me about 2 weeks ago that they are gonna charge me $.03 a roll to order them! Banks will put a fee on everything! They won't even let me get pennies at all from them anymore, not even one box! They say that they're for "businesses only." I'm just going to use them as a dump bank from now on! Anyone know of any banks that usually carry the coin counting machines? And banks that don't charge to order coins?

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Re: Woodforest Bank

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 pm

The reason there is a bank on every corner is so that when one mistreats you, you can just walk across the street and do business with another. For folks to help you out on source banks they need to know your location. It varies by region and even branch to branch for the same bank. Of course if another member has a good source bank should they turn you onto it so that eventually that bank will want to charge fees or cut them off? You gotta do the leg work just like everybody else. Hey, maybe you can get them to pay you 2 cents per roll for every roll you turn in.

If you can't get pennies to sort, you can always buy your copper very reasonably from other members here who can. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Joogaler » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

I mostly just buy the copper to sell. I live in Johnston County NC. I've asked everybody I know that lives near by if they know of a bank with a machine, and the only one I know for sure has one is over an hour away and is a Credit Union. :cry: To bad I'm not lucky enough to work for the government :lol:

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Joogaler wrote:To bad I'm not lucky enough to work for the government :lol:

Check to see if one of your relatives works for the Government. Some CU's will allow relatives (to a certain relationship point) of their account holders to open up accounts.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Joogaler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 am

My uncle is a retired school teacher, that's about as closely related to someone who works for the government. Maybe I'll ask him about it, and see if he can help me out.

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby TXTim » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 am

Joogaler wrote:So I've been banking at woodforest bank for about a year.And I started sorting pennies about 2 months ago, and would use Woodforrest to get my pennies. They told me one day that It would be easier for them and me if I just ordered them, so I started ordering them by $100 a week. Then they tell me about 2 weeks ago that they are gonna charge me $.03 a roll to order them! Banks will put a fee on everything! They won't even let me get pennies at all from them anymore, not even one box! They say that they're for "businesses only." I'm just going to use them as a dump bank from now on! Anyone know of any banks that usually carry the coin counting machines? And banks that don't charge to order coins?

Each branch orders coin depending on demand. Some pay the carrier per box. Others pay a flat fee for unlimited coin.
FInd the branches that pay for unlimited coin and you won't have to worry about fees.
Beer is my currency
TXTim
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Joogaler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Each branch orders coin depending on demand. Some pay the carrier per box. Others pay a flat fee for unlimited coin.
FInd the branches that pay for unlimited coin and you won't have to worry about fees.

Oh ok thanks for the info, I doubt Woodforest would have even given me that kind of info if I asked! :lol:

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby coinwolf » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Joogaler nice to see another NC penny hoarder on here! I was begining to think me and handful of others were the only crazy people in NC.
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Joogaler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:34 pm

coinwolf wrote:Joogaler nice to see another NC penny hoarder on here! I was begining to think me and handful of others were the only crazy people in NC.

Where are you located in NC? I'm from Johnston county, I know the feeling, everybody thinks I'm nuts for selling pennies!

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:42 pm

If you are selling them for enough, you don't even have to get any at the bank to sort. Just have other members here ship you $100 boxes of copper and flip them for a profit. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Joogaler » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:17 am

Well right now I'm selling about 20-30 lbs. a week, but I'm trying to expand that. I really enjoy the sorting too, I think I might be addicted to it. I didn't sort any yesterday and started going into copper withdraw! I usually sell 10 lbs. bags on eBay for about $22-$25, which isn't bad. But some idiot on there is sell 5 lb bags for $15, and 10 lb. bags for $30 everytime! I guess it's be cause he put "Cheap" in the item title. :lol:

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScottyTX » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 pm

TXTim wrote:
Joogaler wrote:So I've been banking at woodforest bank for about a year.And I started sorting pennies about 2 months ago, and would use Woodforrest to get my pennies. They told me one day that It would be easier for them and me if I just ordered them, so I started ordering them by $100 a week. Then they tell me about 2 weeks ago that they are gonna charge me $.03 a roll to order them! Banks will put a fee on everything! They won't even let me get pennies at all from them anymore, not even one box! They say that they're for "businesses only." I'm just going to use them as a dump bank from now on! Anyone know of any banks that usually carry the coin counting machines? And banks that don't charge to order coins?

Really? Humm, hummm guess I haven't picked your brain enough. Learn something new everyday. Now if I can only find another dump bank close to the house I might get going with some sorting.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXTim » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 pm

ScottyTX wrote:
TXTim wrote:

Really? Humm, hummm guess I haven't picked your brain enough. Learn something new everyday. Now if I can only find another dump bank close to the house I might get going with some sorting.

Damn it Scot!
I guess I slipped up again - too many trade secrets are slipping out.
Beer is my currency
TXTim
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mcsusanquilts » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:13 pm

I was just told today when I picked up my pennies, that banks cash machines aren't big enough to handle large loads of coins. If you cash them in, do a little a day. I go to 1st National and Trust Bank Of Rochelle. I can pick up a large quantity of pennies when I want to. The tellers thinks that I am crazy, but I do not care what others think. I usually pick up $10.00 in pennies when my husband and I get paid on the same week; and only $3.00 in pennies when my husband gets paid only. I put away $3.00 per paycheck; and the extra pennies I use to trade for the silver coins that I pick up off of the ground and floor at work. If you want to cash in a large quantity of pennies; you have to go to a Coinstar, Inc. Bank.
mcsusanquilts

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing