Some CRAZY lots this week...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Some CRAZY lots this week...

Postby Pennybug » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 am

OK... I've acquired $125 in pennies so far this week to search. I'm down to $50 left. I get them in $25 lots at different banks (I live in a SMALL town and can hit about 5 banks/branches within 1 mile). This seems to make for a more entertaining/profitable search method for me. So this week.... here's what I've found

1) One lot was a skunk (all $25 worth)! Interestingly enough... they were bank wrapped rolls! And that bank only takes loose change. 1st indication that I'm not alone in this town (and this town ain't big enough for the both of us! :twisted: Fortunately for him... I'm moving outa state in about a month. :D )

2) One lot was about 90% all 82's. Again... bank wrapped. Same bank, different branch. A weight check revealed that they are almost all copper too! :D As a plus... they were exceptionally clean. Oddly enough... I say 90% because there were a few 83's in there... and almost EVERY ROLL had one or two OLD canadian cents (got several from the 1940's).

3) One lot had some CWR's that had some REAL WIDE spreads of copper % in them! One roll would have up to 40% copper and then another roll would have 0%. They all appeared to be wrapped by the same person (at least that's my guess).

The other lots are... thus far... normal with about 20% copper. The best I've had so far was in early Jan... I scored 75 bucks in almost solid copper! That was a GREAT start to the year! :mrgreen:
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Re: Some CRAZY lots this week...

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 am

My son had a crazy "lot" today his $50 of cents had about 10 percent "P" mint marks . We are in Oregon an it runs one in 50 on a normal run for him to find the p mints. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Some CRAZY lots this week...

Postby VWBEAMER » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:07 am

I'm just starting to sort my own, this is my second week. Found two dimes! Sweet.

It still amazing me how many Wheats pennies there out there.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing