Horse of a different color

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Horse of a different color

Postby baggerman » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:08 pm

On a recent trip to Texas to see Grandkids I saw this horse in a little shop in the town of Roanoke and just had to share it. The eyes were quarters and nickles if I remember right.The horse's name is Penny.
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_20151109_141256.jpg
rsz_1rsz_20151109_141256.jpg (229.23 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Horse of a different color

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:09 am

Cool. Looks like all pre 1982 pennies.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:46 pm

WOW
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverflake » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Wow from Roanoke Virginia!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:44 pm

:thumbup:
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm

That's amazing! Love it... :P
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silver4face » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:03 pm

Here we are six years later, and I am wondering what is the melt value of that horse!!!! LOL
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:45 pm

Hmmm- it would be interesting if someone could do a separate thread about the horse named Penny. Like a guessing game with a roll of .999 pennies (either U.S. or Canadian) as the prize. That would be fun to watch. If anyone in the Roanoke, VA area could post some basic stats comparing Penny with an average horse her weight and/or dimensions, that would be fun to watch. I worked one summer in Virginia (a LONG time ago) and have visited the area several times since, but never heard about this place.

There are plenty of other neat places with nice coin displays around the country such as a place near Lake Ontario where they have the biggest .999 CA nickel you will ever see. I believe the miner was bought out and changed their name, but it is in/near the Sudbury basin. It almost resembles a large ferris wheel.

Also, in a gorgeous town called Frankenmuth, MI (Christmas displays year-round) they have a nearly complete set of dollar bills from virtually every country in the world.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby silverflake » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:23 pm

I am from the Roanoke, VA area but I think this horse is from Roanoke, Texas. Just saying.

No copper horses around here........
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:20 pm

It does appear it was Roanoke, TX. My mistake.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing