2 ORANGE COUNTY STORES TO STOP USING PENNIES

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

2 ORANGE COUNTY STORES TO STOP USING PENNIES

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:01 pm

http://abc7.com/business/2-orange-county-stores-to-stop-using-pennies/1143599/

I found this article online today while I was at my credit Union waiting for the machine to finish counting the $100 in zinc pennies I was dumping. One of the two store locations was nearby so I decided to pay a visit. No, I did not take any of the zinc pennies with me. The guy at the store told me how surprised he was by all the attention the store was getting for deciding to stop using pennies. They were even on the news at one of the major network TV stations in L A. With all of this publicity there will likely be many other stores in the area following their example and ditching the penny.

Before I left, I asked the guy if I could buy any extra rolls of pennies he had since they wouldn't be using them at the store. He told me they would be holding on to what they had left for using in change for customers that insist on them. Oh well, at least I can still get my pennies from the banks.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing