Interesting set of CWRs today

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Interesting set of CWRs today

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:37 pm

While running errands today on an off-work day, I did my usual stops at the line of banks on the main road near the house to pick up CWRs. Most of the bank have tellers that are a bit grumpy, but a couple of places are especially nice and will try to help me out if they aren't pressed for time. At last stop at a larger BofA the teller emptied her $10 in CWRs and got me the same from another teller. The 40 rolls were an interesting set. Half the rolls were all copper, and half were all zinc! Never had anything even remotely like it. Ran the zinc rolls through the machine to verify (picked up a couple of 82s that had been missed).

The copper rolls I had to hand inspect, because most of them were 1/4 wheat, 1/4 old canadian, with the balance 59-82. Wow! Never found some many wheats in one day. 4 rolls worth, and about the same in canadian. Haven't inspected them all, but did notice a 1910 abe and a 1932 and a 1938 canadian, as well as bunches of the canadian centennial coins. Going back there now to see if I can get their attention and pick up any others that might be in other drawers.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Interesting set of CWRs today

Postby jasmatk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 pm

I would say someone cashed in a loved ones sorting operation they probly had one jar for copper one for zinc and thats why it got rolled like that
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Agree. Seen the copper rolls before; just never seen the all-zinc rolls. Got 60 more rolls, they were just average - no more of these to be had.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby kiwiman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:52 pm

maybe try some other denominations?
You could be sorting right now.
kiwiman
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing