Canadian Shipping Question

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Canadian Shipping Question

Postby frugalcanuck » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:46 pm

A question to all but mostly Canadians. I have some CU and NI that I am looking to liquidate. What is the best (cheapest) way to ship. Canada Post has a 66lb limit and charges an arm and a leg to ship into the states. Greyhound charges even more. For some reason Greyhound gave me a price to ship 70lbs that was greater than if I took the greyhound to the same place... aka shipped myself.

So is there a reasonable way to ship in Canada or do I just wait until Im on US soil and use flat rate?
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Canadian Shipping Question

Postby Nickelmeister » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:07 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:A question to all but mostly Canadians. I have some CU and NI that I am looking to liquidate. What is the best (cheapest) way to ship. Canada Post has a 66lb limit and charges an arm and a leg to ship into the states. Greyhound charges even more. For some reason Greyhound gave me a price to ship 70lbs that was greater than if I took the greyhound to the same place... aka shipped myself.

So is there a reasonable way to ship in Canada or do I just wait until Im on US soil and use flat rate?

You just answered your own question!
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ramy98 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Flat Rate that Sucker... im fortunate to be 10 minutes from Blaine, WA ....
ramy98

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:20 pm

This is why I have a US PO Box and only ship from inside the USA.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing