This is when you know you are addicted....

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

This is when you know you are addicted....

Postby pennypicker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:45 pm

As a hand sorter my favorite thing of course is coming across a wheat, especially a pre-40 wheat. Well last week at the swap meet I purchased one of those motel bells---you know, the one where you tap the bell and it makes a loud ding to let the employee know you are at the counter. My two teenage nieces live with me and to purposely agitate them I tap the bell each time I come across a wheat while they're watching tv. I tap the bell and everytime it solicits the same response from the other room, "NOBODY CARES".

Perhaps I am addicted... :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: This is when you know you are addicted....

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:47 pm

pennypicker wrote:As a hand sorter my favorite thing of course is coming across a wheat, especially a pre-40 wheat. Well last week at the swap meet I purchased one of those motel bells---you know, the one where you tap the bell and it makes a loud ding to let the employee know you are at the counter. My two teenage nieces live with me and to purposely agitate them I tap the bell each time I come across a wheat while they're watching tv. I tap the bell and everytime it solicits the same response from the other room, "NOBODY CARES".

Perhaps you need a louder bell :lol: ;)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm

you got a response so they are at least paying attention to you and your bell....
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby tinhorn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm

highroller4321 wrote:Perhaps you need a louder bell

Hahahahahaha!

I'm wondering if you're addicted to wheat cents, or to torturing teenagers which is also fun.

I normally get six to ten wheats in each box I sort. I don't really keep track, but I do toss them into their own jar. But last night I sorted a box and took out 103 wheat cents! I have another box from that same bank--it'll be interesting to see if that one is loaded as well.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:09 pm

I read this to my wife. Her response was "YOU'VE GOT IT GOOD. I ONLY TELL YOU THAT A FEW TIMES A WEEK."
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 pm

pennypicker wrote:As a hand sorter my favorite thing of course is coming across a wheat, especially a pre-40 wheat. Well last week at the swap meet I purchased one of those motel bells---you know, the one where you tap the bell and it makes a loud ding to let the employee know you are at the counter. My two teenage nieces live with me and to purposely agitate them I tap the bell each time I come across a wheat while they're watching tv. I tap the bell and everytime it solicits the same response from the other room, "NOBODY CARES".

I use an air horn and a starting pistol.

Mrs Thogey starts crying evertime I break out the penny boxes. 8 Year old, son of Thogey , craps his pants everytime I find a wheat.

The last time I got an IHP it was 3 AM and I was drunk.

The neighbors called the cops.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Thogey wrote:

Mrs Thogey starts crying evertime I break out the penny boxes. 8 Year old, son of Thogey , craps his pants everytime I find a wheat.

AHHAHAH!!!! I'm sorry officer I found an IH and wanted to let everyone know how happy I was! Now if only this was a true story.... ;)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby VWBEAMER » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:11 pm

I put one of those bells in my copper penny bin on my sorter, so it rings everytime it sorts a copper penny...until I got tired of it. but it was fun while it lasted.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby mtalbot_ca » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Great idea, I want a bell for my birthday and since I've already got three teenagers, it's going to be greattttt.

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby misteroman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:29 pm

You must now Mr. Thog! it was a true story!!!!!!
misteroman

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 pm

I have one of those bells.. a big brass one of course. It was presented to me several years ago for being the guest speaker at a Numismatists of Southern Californa annual convention. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby hejira11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 am

I knew I was in too deep when I had the taste of copper in my mouth all the time~
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 am

I still do to this day say wheatie when I hand sort now and then!
misteroman

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 am

Thogey wrote:

Damn, and I thought I was doing a good job giving the wife and kids a hard time.

Note to self: Time to step it up a few notches.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing