Has copper price reversed?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Has copper price reversed?

Postby Insane-O » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 am

The copper chart looks very toppish.
I think gold and silver are running higher on hysterical world fear or something.
Oil is catapulting.
They say copper predicts turns in industrial commerce.
Are the world economies turning sour?
Has the stock market run come to an end?
Insane-O

Re: Has copper price reversed?

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 am

I hope copper is toppish! I am just beginning this copper hoarding adventure and I want some time to build my stash before copper goes any higher and more people start doing this!
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 am

inflationhawk wrote:I hope copper is toppish! I am just beginning this copper hoarding adventure and I want some time to build my stash before copper goes any higher and more people start doing this!

You can buy all the copper you want right now at 1 penny per piece plus a little time to sort. Get busy! hahaha
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 am

nah it will stay in the 4-5 range all year.
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Most silver is a by-product of copper mining. There should be an inverse relationship of copper and silver, but both have been going up.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby andrewjackson » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 am

8-) . I wouldn't be concerned about the up and down trends of the market. The facts are simple. As a nation we now owe approximately 13 trillion dollars in debt!!! That for the first time in history exceeds our gross domestic product. The writing is on the wall. Due to the feds printing the
Poverty paper,massive dollar devaluation and inflation is is going full steam ahead. All commodities will rise due to this irresponsible mismanagement of taxpaye dollars. Oil is the big one! The circus that is going on in the middle east is engineered! The price of oil will hit 150-200 dollars a barrel and that will multiply the problems. That is when we will be thankful we hold metals. The copper value will most likely be the same, but like all other commodities it will take alot more worthless paper to purchase. All we can do is try to prepare for the rocky road ahead :!:
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 am

There is only one way for a government to escape a debt crisis and that is to inflate your way out. Metals and other hard assets are a great way to protect yourself. Plus, I enjoy coins so its an added bonus!
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 am

inflationhawk wrote:There is only one way for a government to escape a debt crisis and that is to inflate your way out. Metals and other hard assets are a great way to protect yourself. Plus, I enjoy coins so its an added bonus!

There is one other choice that is equally disasterous. The government can simply default on its debt. I think the crisis that awaits America will involve a combination of the two. And you're right, owning commodities is good protection. In Germany under the Weimar Republic, its citizens would buy whatever they could with the currency they possessed because they knew on the next day that money would purchase even less. Eventually, Germany just admitted that it was in trouble and couldn't pay all the war reparations with which it was obligated following World War I. Enter stage left the darling little Adolf with his "coordination" legislation to make things all better.

Fast-forward to America in 2011. We haven't lost a war per se, but we certainly can't claim we won in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan. The endless wars are costing us precious lives and wealth. We owe trillions at home and abroad. There is no will in Congress to stop the bleeding and the Executive Branch only wants to spend and tax more.

"Metals and other hard assets" acting as protection must include tiny little projectiles that fly through the air at high speeds and have the remarkable ability to surprise someone doing something he shouldn't be doing. Make hay while the sun shines.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing