How 10 years of RealCent has changed you?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

How 10 years of RealCent has changed you?

Postby coppernickel » Thu May 19, 2016 3:46 pm

LOOK AT THE ESSAY CONTEST FIRST.

In reading some of the early stuff from RealCent and the early members back on the original forum.

It is a amazing to me how lowly the copper cent was considered. The few of us who dared to step out and collect something like copper cents were considered really on the fringes.

The paradigm of copper in cents, once rounds or bars is something I would not have thought about before RealCent.

We have some really great traders to get stuff from. (Look at the Feedback field if you need proof.)

Thanks to great folks for keeping this site great.
Last edited by coppernickel on Sun May 22, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: How 10 years of RealCent has changed you?

Postby highroller4321 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Might as well try to win something while talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=38022

coppernickel: You should enter as well!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu May 19, 2016 8:21 pm

I find a penny now and pick it up.....and my back hurts all day after!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coppernickel » Fri May 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Sounds good. Thank you for pointing it out.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 pm

I think this is the first internet forum I found where people disagreed with each other, without being complete @(#*$&%^ towards each other. Mutual respect, community, and genuine care aren't common things one finds online.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Gipper1985 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:36 pm

I never knew how much fun it would be to sort a box of pennies.
Gipper1985
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri May 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:I think this is the first internet forum I found where people disagreed with each other, without being complete @(#*$&%^ towards each other. Mutual respect, community, and genuine care aren't common things one finds online.

+1
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby oober » Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 pm

I haven't been a reg for awhile. Awesome this site is hitting 10 yr. amazing people, amazing site.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Zincanator » Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Well I haven't been here the full 10 years but I was balls-out sorting a couple of years ago, and really enjoy sorting. But banks caught on to my game and quit giving me boxes.

Anyhow back then I was stuffing the coppers in some pretty strange places...

No kidding, the other day I found close to $250 in rolled CU that I had hand-sorted and stored away in the bottom of a cabinet in the garage. I had totally forgotten about this little stash and was rather surprised when I re-discovered it. Maybe now being over 40 means my memory is fading, perhaps I'll start hiding my own Easter eggs next April.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing