Changing tin amount in early US pennies

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Changing tin amount in early US pennies

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 am

Interesting thread on penny composition over the years. It's based on subjective data, and the trend is probably correct, but the details may not be. I would like to see chemical analysis that supports this. I think Andy of Ryedale had had some chemical analysis done (I recall seeing the spreadsheet posted in a link, I'll see if I can find it.)

http://www.ohiometaldetecting.com/2/pos ... nnies.html
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Changing tin amount in early US pennies

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:53 am

In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing