2017 penny to have P mint mark for all struck coins at phil

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

2017 penny to have P mint mark for all struck coins at phil

Postby daviscfad » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:03 am

http://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/ ... -time.html

Will we see no P cents, in 2017? How about P cents in 2018? If you didnt read the article the mint will drop the P back off in 2018.. Could be some cool errors or Doubled dies coming around this year!
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 2017 penny to have P mint mark for all struck coins at p

Postby willy13 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:19 pm

thanks for posting this news.

funny that they told no one.

the philly mint has given us some cool shield cent double dies already, so 2017 could have more.
willy13
Penny Pincher Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Very very interesting!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 am

I wonder if there will be any 2017's with no mint mark and how much they will be worth. Of course it will depend on how many are minted and, as usual, demand. But I wonder if there will be much hype around any which do appear. We shall see.

Thanks for the very prompt posting and alerting us to be on the lookout!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Found my first 2017-P cent today in Minnesota.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:47 pm

None here yet..... :thumbdown:
hobo finds

Postby JobIII » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:12 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I wonder if there will be any 2017's with no mint mark and how much they will be worth. Of course it will depend on how many are minted and, as usual, demand. But I wonder if there will be much hype around any which do appear. We shall see.

Thanks for the very prompt posting and alerting us to be on the lookout!

Would a no mint mark be an error error or variety? Reminds me of the copper / zinc transition in 1982 in a way.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:39 pm

It will also be interesting to see if there are any 2018-P's Lincoln cents (with mint mark) that show up next year.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:55 pm

It seems that 2017 P and D cents are finally entering mainstream commerce here in the Midwest. While I'm pleased to see that happening, I've yet to find a decent example from either mint. Sadly, most are spotted or oxidized in some way. Those that may have passed my initial fleeting visual scrutiny are heavily bag-marked and likely destined to be left in the "Have a penny? Leave a penny." dish or container at a gas station or fast-food joint.

Since cents have been seemingly delegated to second-tier status, can nickels and dimes be far behind?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing