So I smoke.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

So I smoke.

Postby CU Baker » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:18 pm

As I walked out to the smoke shack at work today I sat down. The spring thaw has melted off
the ice and the area is a mess. So there are coin in the shack, so iam picking them up. I am moving people to get at the coins. Thirty seven cents, $ 1.45 in nicks, dimes and qts. So a buck eighty two for free. Fourteen CU and a nice 1927 D... Sweet
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: So I smoke.

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:42 pm

I seem to always have dreams where I am finding (and picking up) lots and lots of silver coins from the ground. Some just barely covered with dirt, so that there's a gleam that alerts you, and then as you worm your fingers into the ground to grab them... you just keep uncovering more and more and more ah hahahahahaha !

Then I fricking wake up. :thumbdown: :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:10 am

I have had dreams of finding huge gold nuggets on the side of the road. In the real world the most I have found is a 20 dollar bill.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 pm

beauanderos wrote:I seem to always have dreams where I am finding (and picking up) lots and lots of silver coins from the ground. Some just barely covered with dirt, so that there's a gleam that alerts you, and then as you worm your fingers into the ground to grab them... you just keep uncovering more and more and more ah hahahahahaha !

Then I fricking wake up. :thumbdown: :sick:

Same. But in my dream I'm digging them out of asphalt, usually by a curb.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby CU Baker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:27 pm

In 1988 when I bought my resort on the main beach in Detroit Lakes MN. I also bought my first underwater metal detector. July 4th normally has around ten thousand people on the beach for the fireworks show. I received my beach hunter on the first of july. Played with it in the yard and waited for the 5th. I am sure I was the first to work the mile and a half beach. The finds for the day were the best I have had in my life. 14 gold rings,9 silver, about thirty dollars in change and a 14k money clip with two hundred plus dollars. But todate , nothing beats the 18 k gold tennis braclet I found in 2004 with 6 k of diamonds. So my advice is just keep looking. By the way I have over four hundred rings out of this one lake.
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm

A fellow asked a woman, "After sex do you smoke?"

She replied, "I don't know. I never looked!"
hobo finds

Postby chris6084 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:33 am

My dream lately has been a bank account that automatically replenishes to $10 million at the beginning of each month.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:24 pm

CU Baker wrote:In 1988 when I bought my resort on the main beach in Detroit Lakes MN. I also bought my first underwater metal detector. July 4th normally has around ten thousand people on the beach for the fireworks show. I received my beach hunter on the first of july. Played with it in the yard and waited for the 5th. I am sure I was the first to work the mile and a half beach. The finds for the day were the best I have had in my life. 14 gold rings,9 silver, about thirty dollars in change and a 14k money clip with two hundred plus dollars. But todate , nothing beats the 18 k gold tennis braclet I found in 2004 with 6 k of diamonds. So my advice is just keep looking. By the way I have over four hundred rings out of this one lake.

Wow, talk about a score!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby spacemanX » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 am

sweet score +1
best for me was a small gold ring with 5 diamonds in it. small but worth a few hundred
spacemanX
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing