dump uglies??

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

dump uglies??

Postby cwgii » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:05 pm

wondering folks opnion.

i have too many ugly coppers. dump them?

last 100$ i got from the cu, had 90% of the copper that had gone through a fire.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: dump uglies??

Postby hobo finds » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:06 pm

I try and spend the coinstar rejects that are kicked out damaged and such. Still have other uglies figure they are copper so I save them.
hobo finds

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Uglies? Yes, I would dump them....get something shiny!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coppernickel » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:51 am

I keep the uglies, learned the technical term is "uncurrent," separate. So far I only have a few.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:51 am

I dump my uglies.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby hobo finds » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 am

Is the US Mint damaged coin buying program still on hold?

https://goldsilverbitcoin.com/the-us-mi ... own-coins/ Mentions Portland Mint
Last edited by hobo finds on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hobo finds

Postby kiwiman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 pm

I had a tin of absolutely disgusting ones that I sold at a local auction since I couldn't really even spend them.
You could be sorting right now.
kiwiman
Penny Collector Member

Postby hobo finds » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 pm

kiwiman wrote:I had a tin of absolutely disgusting ones that I sold at a local auction since I couldn't really even spend them.

this is a good idea!
hobo finds

Postby kiwiman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 pm

I think I ended up getting more than face!
You could be sorting right now.
kiwiman
Penny Collector Member

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 pm

I work them into rolls I'm dumping.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Shazbot57 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 pm

I still have 12 - 1 gallon food grade mayo/ranch dressing jugs from the grocery stores. Each has 34 lbs of Ryedale sorted cu Lincolns. The uglies are kept in separate 1 gallon jugs if they have even the slightest amount of verdigris or creeping crud. I figure worst case I can "reaquaint' the uglies with the wild if needed, but I'm in no hurry to set them free, & don't need the bucks. Plus if the Gooberment ever ends the penny, uglies will be just as good as clean pennies. And this way, they don't "infect" the others! Not sure it's the right way, but it's MY way!
Keep on Stacking!
Shaz
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby CU Baker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Anyone having a problem with the ugly Abe's can just send them to me freight prepaid and I will take care of them for you. I will have no problem with free coinage. Don't clutter up your coin rooms, get rid of this junk today. Make room for the nice coins. Just trying to help!
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Klark Cent » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 pm

ha ha
Klark Cent
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cwgii » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:41 pm

CU Baker wrote:Anyone having a problem with the ugly Abe's can just send them to me freight prepaid and I will take care of them for you. I will have no problem with free coinage. Don't clutter up your coin rooms, get rid of this junk today. Make room for the nice coins. Just trying to help!

glad to sell them to you or the rest of the good ones too
cwgii

Postby JadeDragon » Sat May 06, 2017 6:50 pm

I thought this was a thread about girlfriends.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 am

^^^no you didn't u already posted....too late.

So you might want to save those SCP's, Super Cruddy Pennies, I maybe in the market for them...Cu and the Zn cents...the cruddier the better.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby everything » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 pm

I got tired of sending copper back, I soak them in 50/50 vinegar water, cleans them up nice and they go into the collection without worrying about them infecting my other coppers.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:05 pm

All of my HDOU cents leave my possession as quickly as they arrive. In fact, I go out of my way to spend them. BTW, my HDOU designation stands for Hammered, Damaged or Otherwise Ugly.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:22 am

Know Common Cents wrote:All of my HDOU cents leave my possession as quickly as they arrive. In fact, I go out of my way to spend them. BTW, my HDOU designation stands for Hammered, Damaged or Otherwise Ugly.

RE: Hammered, Damaged or Otherwise Ugly...

Sounds like the way some people appear when they leave the bar late on a Saturday night! :lol:
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing