Copper is Flying Today!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Copper is Flying Today!

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am

My initial post on July 25th said "Per Kitcometals.com, copper is currently $2.81, up a whopping 3.42%."

Today, October 16th, I am adding "Per Kitcometals.com, copper is currently $3.22, up a whopping 3.83%."

I do remember a long-time former friend whom I greatly respected saying that one of his favorite plays was to buy something that broke out and pulled back to roughly the point of the breakout. This would have been a great play for copper recently!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hobo finds » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 am

Recyclersteve wrote:My initial post on July 25th said "Per Kitcometals.com, copper is currently $2.81, up a whopping 3.42%."

Today, October 16th, I am adding "Per Kitcometals.com, copper is currently $3.22, up a whopping 3.83%."

I do remember a long-time former friend whom I greatly respected saying that one of his favorite plays was to buy something that broke out and pulled back to roughly the point of the breakout. This would have been a great play for copper recently!

That's a big jump today. I wonder what copper mining stocks are doing
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm

hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 am

down $.04 so far today...
hobo finds

Postby everything » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:50 am

Copper is flying high, big time renewed interest in Pebble mine, which appears that it will be going forward, decimating the last biggest salmon run on the planet! To think, the way they discovered that mother lode is they were flying over the area and someone saw red color in a bare dirt spot.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm

This is Northern Dynasty (Ticker: NAK). I visited their HQ in Vancouver, BC this past summer. It will likely be another few years for the permitting process to occur and yet another few years after that before they take anything out of the ground. I remember trading this stock back around 2007 and again recently.

Don't overreact to the hype. Yes, it will eventually be a huge mine, but they could be bought out before production begins. A small company like this doesn't typically have the resources to bring a huge mine to production. And it could be at least a few years before things get really interesting in terms of someone buying the company. (JMHO)

I could be wrong- please do your own research on this before committing capital one way or another.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:52 am

I don't look this up often, but with zinc also up, we're now at a point where the zincoln is worth a higher fraction of face than the US 5 cent Cu/Ni. Even us old farts may indeed live to see the time when zinc cents are worth more than face.

The broader general population is starting to avoid use of change period, much less cents. When minimum wage cashiers round your change up to avoid having to make change in cents you know that the cent has lost all respect. Between the cost of production and the loss of interest in it, eventually - and I believe I will live to see it - the cent will be phased out, and at that point the melt ban will be lifted.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Bigjohn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm

What are people paying for bulk common date wheats now days?
Open a coinbase account and both of us will get $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec
Bigjohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Bigjohn wrote:What are people paying for bulk common date wheats now days?

What do you consider "bulk", 5 lbs.? 5,000 lbs.? The price you get will likely depend on how much to have to sell. Also, since freight is a significant % of the value of the coins, it would help to know what part of the country you are in.

For what it is worth, I know of someone (not me) who pays $1.50/roll for mixed wheats. He pays more for mixed date rolls in the teens ($7), twenties ($3.50) and thirties ($2) and also for steel cents with no rust ($4.50).

But you will have to pay freight to ship cross country to him and he might have a minimum number of rolls (not sure what it is) that is more than you have available to sell.

Recyclersteve

Postby Bigjohn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
Bigjohn wrote:What are people paying for bulk common date wheats now days?

What do you consider "bulk", 5 lbs.? 5,000 lbs.? The price you get will likely depend on how much to have to sell. Also, since freight is a significant % of the value of the coins, it would help to know what part of the country you are in.

For what it is worth, I know of someone (not me) who pays $1.50/roll for mixed wheats. He pays more for mixed date rolls in the teens ($7), twenties ($3.50) and thirties ($2) and also for steel cents with no rust ($4.50).

But you will have to pay freight to ship cross country to him and he might have a minimum number of rolls (not sure what it is) that is more than you have available to sell.

Thanks, that helps. I have about $80 FV, mostly 40/50’s. Figured 3x at best

EDIT: meant to say $800 FV, missed a 0
Open a coinbase account and both of us will get $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec
Bigjohn
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing