More creative penny art!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

More creative penny art!

Postby hags » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Walked into a new lunch spot and saw this hanging on the wall.
Thought I'd share it with ya.

hags
Attachments
Lincoln 3.jpg
Lincoln 3.jpg (231.6 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
Lincoln 4.jpg
Lincoln 4.jpg (243.53 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
hags
Penny Pincher Member

Re: More creative penny art!

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for sharing!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby natsb88 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Is that on a mirror or a window? Reminds me of this poster. You could lay a sheet of transparent acrylic on top of the poster and use it as a guide to glue the pennies.

www.pennyportrait.com
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Is that Abe Lincoln? Very impressive job! Just answered my own question- of course it is Abe Lincoln.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby hags » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:32 pm

natsb88 wrote:Is that on a mirror or a window? Reminds me of this poster. You could lay a sheet of transparent acrylic on top of the poster and use it as a guide to glue the pennies.

http://www.pennyportrait.com

Ha, nice find!
The artist used two sheets of clear plastic and it looked like one or both were vacuum formed to the pennies so each coin sat in it's own recess. I didn't notice any glue. The double sided clear plastic portrait was hanging in an interior window in the sandwich shop so you could see both sides of the coins. They had a sign proclaiming the "artwork" used all the pennies from the Lincoln penny years and the name of the local artist who created it. The sign said they did use a 1914-D, but I couldn't locate it to see what shape it was in. They also stated the 1909-S VDB wasn't used because the coin cost $1,000. I count more coins in the one I took a picture of compared to the penny portrait from your link, but it looks so close I'd bet the "artist" used that poster to "create" her masterpiece. :shh:

Thanks for the link, hags
hags
Penny Pincher Member

Postby MUTiger » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Here is another creative use of small denomination coins. This time from the UK.

MUTiger

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/father-son-team-lay-garage-floor-33700-shiny-2p-coins-152238730.html
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby hobo finds » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Cleaning them with Coke to make them shine! :thumbup:
hobo finds

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing