What catch phrases do you use? For copper, or metals?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

What catch phrases do you use? For copper, or metals?

Postby coppernickel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:35 pm

What catch phrases do you use about copper, copper cents, or metals in general?

I almost had this one put on a business card.

"Real Cents, small steps toward financial independence."

After some explanation and a several guffaws I changed the line to just, "taking small steps toward financial independence."

I've read, "copper the poor man's silver."

What else you got?
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: What catch phrases do you use? For copper, or metals?

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Copper, it is what makes the economy hum.

Nickel- wear gloves- it is a known carcinogen. (Even though it is a true statement, that one doesn't sound so catchy)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby DANZIG » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:14 pm

I don't know if this is a catch phrase but when I get a box of cents from a random bank and they ask " What are you doing with all these pennies? ". I tell them --It's for the boy scouts, my son's troop are earning their coin collecting badges and need lots of dates and mintmarks-- For me this is mostly a true statement. Copper Fact---The Roman empire was built when using cheap plentiful copper coinage. A withdrawal of large amounts of copper, replaced with an expensive gold only money system, put in place by Julius Caesar was the beginning of the end.
DANZIG

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:02 am

Here are a couple of politically incorrect lines for copper...

Copper- millennials hate it but homeless people and frugal old people still like it. :)

Copper- leave a penny in a Coinstar and watch the seniors flock to the machine like ducks to water. :)

Copper- if you miss it, go work in a copper mine in Arizona when it is summertime and you won't miss it anymore. :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing