Did Cops Ever Show Up While Using a Ryedale?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Did Cops Ever Show Up While Using a Ryedale?

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm

I just saw the posting tonight from mutiger about firing up the good ole Ryedale for the first time in a while and it got me to thinking.

Has anyone here ever had the cops show up because a neighbor heard a strange noise they couldn't identify? Perhaps you were in a garage or your house with the windows open on a nice day and had the Ryedale(s) humming away. I'm thinking a neighbor might have thought you were running a counterfeiting operation and that the Ryedale(s) were currency counters instead.

I imagine there might be some good war stories here. Anyone?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Did Cops Ever Show Up While Using a Ryedale?

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Likely not. Most of my neighbors are partially or just about totally deaf (or forget to wear their hearing aids while at home). I could install a drop forge in my back yard and no one would complain. Of course my situation may not be the norm, but I'm OK with the way it is.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing