Interesting article about getting rid of the penny

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Interesting article about getting rid of the penny

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm

http://news.coinupdate.com/why-we-shoul ... materials/

"The National Association of Convenience Stores and the Walgreens drugstore chain have estimated that handling pennies adds 2 to 2.5 seconds per cash transaction. Assume that the average citizen makes one such transaction every day, and so wastes (to be conservative) 730 seconds a year. The median worker earns just over $36,000 a year, or about 0.5 cents per second, so futzing with pennies costs him $3.65 annually."
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Interesting article about getting rid of the penny

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:41 pm

So I guess you are saying that the person who finds $3.65 annually on the ground or in Coinstar machines breaks even... :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing