Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Postby biglouddrunk » Tue May 01, 2018 4:22 am

I have not sorted pennies in a while, but I always sort my change. It seems like nearly a quarter of pennies I get in change are 2018 D. I wonder if it's going to be a high mintage or if it's just a regional thing (Michigan)
biglouddrunk
Penny Pincher Member

Re: 2018

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed May 02, 2018 5:45 am

I imagine it is just your area and perhaps a few others. I don't see many 2018's at all.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2018

Postby 68Camaro » Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 am

I'm sure there are geographic elements. But since I've re-started into some low level hand sorting (100 bucks a month or so) I'm seeing a lot of 2018s, even in the customer wrapped rolls that I try to get. And almost all the bank rolls are solid 2018s. (I did set a roll of each aside for grins.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing