Just missed a bank robber----Update suspect arrested

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Just missed a bank robber----Update suspect arrested

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:42 pm

I and Franklin were using the coinstar at this bank and two minutes after we left it was robbed.
From the Mailtribune--

March 14, 2011

A robber is still at large after taking an undisclosed amount of cash from the PremierWest Bank on McAndrews Road Monday morning, according to Medford police.

The suspect is described as Puerto Rican, between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5feet, 9 inches tall in his 30s or 40s. He was wearing a white knit cap and beige jacket, and holding a black duffle bag, Medford police Lt. Bob Hansen said.
Related Stories

* PremierWest Bank on McAndrews reportedly robbed

Witnesses said the suspect ran out the north door of the bank toward Poplar Drive with an undisclosed amount of cash, Hansen said.

No weapon was seen during the bank robbery, he said.

Police also are looking for a black woman who came to the bank an hour earlier and who was reported to have acted suspiciously.

The suspect may have fled in a tan-colored older vehicle.

The last time a bank was robbed in Medford they used a UZI--
http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law-enforcement-corrections/criminal-offenses/15470561-1.html
Last edited by henrysmedford on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Just missed a bank robber----

Postby VWBEAMER » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:43 pm

man, what a story.
I hate thieves, I hope they catch this guy.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby GTOJohn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:45 pm

wow - that was close. wouldnt want to hear that you were in the bank at the time.
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:48 pm

henrysmedford wrote:I and Franklin were using the coinstar at this bank and two minutes after we left it was robbed.
From the Mailtribune--

March 14, 2011

A robber is still at large after taking an undisclosed amount of cash from the PremierWest Bank on McAndrews Road Monday morning, according to Medford police.

Police also are looking for a man and his son who came to the bank a few minutes earlier and who were reported to have been using the coin counter suspiciously.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:51 pm

I also am not a fan of thieves, but I will admit a BIG soft spot in my heart for bank robbers :)

The movies always make them seem cool. Ben Afflec (The Town), Johnny Depp (Public Enemies), Clive Owen (Inside Man), Bill Murray (Quick Change), Patrick Swayze (Point Break), Jason Statham (Bank Job) have just won me over.

So, I'm sorry, but I root for bank robbers. :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:55 pm

You need one of those comic strip clouds above this guy's head...."Gimme all your pennies...and fast!"

Seriously, that's scary stuff...glad to hear you and Franklin are all alright.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Should have pelted him in the gourd with a roll of zincolns!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm

You missed the greatest movie of all time... Reservoir Dogs..

BTW.. what I would have done is taken all of my pennies, thrown them on the floor and the robber was making a get-a-way, and watched him slide, stumble, and then fall on his asch... now that would have been awesome.. I think catching a bank robber is an automatic $10,000 reward from the FBI.
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:02 pm

OtusLotus wrote:You missed the greatest movie of all time... Reservoir Dogs..

BTW.. what I would have done is taken all of my pennies, thrown them on the floor and the robber was making a get-a-way, and watched him slide, stumble, and then fall on his asch... now that would have been awesome.. I think catching a bank robber is an automatic $10,000 reward from the FBI.

I didn't forget, I was just never a big fan of Reservoir Dogs. It's ok, but they didn't make me like them like Clive Owen and the others did.
barrytrot

Postby Corsair » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 pm

barrytrot wrote:

I didn't forget, I was just never a big fan of Reservoir Dogs. It's ok, but they didn't make me like them like Clive Owen and the others did.

Pulp Fiction was far superior. The writing was better, the directing was better, the plot(s) were better. Reservoir Dogs was an amazing introduction to the mind of Tarantino, don't get me wrong, but the masterpiece that is Pulp Fiction will never be surpassed.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby bman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 pm

How could you guys forget Bonnie & Clyde?

my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PennyBoy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 am

"The suspect is described as Puerto Rican"

Too funny! Amazing they can pinpoint where he's from just by looking at him.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby Spikeanator6982 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:28 am

henrysmedford wrote:I and Franklin were using the coinstar at this bank and two minutes after we left it was robbed.
From the Mailtribune--

March 14, 2011

No weapon was seen during the bank robbery, he said.

http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law-enforcement-corrections/criminal-offenses/15470561-1.html

if no weapon was seen by anyone, why did they give him money? I completely understand human life, the victims lives, is more important then the money, but if no lives were threatened..then....
Spikeanator6982
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Its only a matter of time before a bank robbery is foiled by a bystander weilding a bag of coins.

"ROBBER STEALING CASH IS FELLED BY COINS." The press would have field day.

BTW. I didn't see "Dog Day Afternoon" mentioned.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Corsair wrote:
barrytrot wrote:

Pulp Fiction was far superior. The writing was better, the directing was better, the plot(s) were better. Reservoir Dogs was an amazing introduction to the mind of Tarantino, don't get me wrong, but the masterpiece that is Pulp Fiction will never be surpassed.

I love and own Resevoir Dogs and personaly like it better than Pulp Fiction. But I must say that my wife puts it best, "Tarantino's Pulp Fiction changed the way other directors shoot movies"

As for the real robber. What the heck....it's 2011. Don't hold up a bank.....start one.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby thunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 pm

I'll have to keep an eye out for that guy when I do a coin dump this afternoon. :|
thunter
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm

PennyBoy wrote:"The suspect is described as Puerto Rican"

Henry, that bank is close to the Bank of America I used to use back when I lived in Medford. And I got a laugh too regarding him being described as Puerto Rican. Here in Los Angeles the authorities just say "hispanic" for every down south of the border.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm

pennypicker wrote:
PennyBoy wrote:"The suspect is described as Puerto Rican"

Henry, that bank is close to the Bank of America I used to use back when I lived in Medford. And I got a laugh too regarding him being described as Puerto Rican. Here in Los Angeles the authorities just say "hispanic" for every down south of the border.

The bank teller was hispanic so maybe she knew that he was not hispanic.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Just missed a bank robber----Update

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Bank robbery suspect arrested in Arizona

March 23, 2011 4:30 PM
A Stockton man suspected of robbing a Medford bank last week has been arrested in Arizona and is wanted for other bank heists in California.

Dustin Michael Burt, 28, was arrested by Arizona State Police on March 17 and soon tied to at least two bank robberies in California along with the robbery of the PremierWest Bank branch on East McAndrews Road March 14.

Burt was a passenger in the car when the trooper pulled it over for a traffic violation.

Burt gave the trooper a fictitious name "Jermaine Franks" in hopes that he would not be linked to the bank robberies.

His story soon unraveled and he was lodged in jail near Phoenix, Ariz., on robbery warrants out of Madera and Contra Costa counties in California.

Medford police Lt. Bob Hansen said it could take some time before Burt is extradited to Jackson County.

"This will be a lengthy process getting him back here because there are so many jurisdictions involved and several crimes," Hansen said.

Hansen speculated that Burt most likely will appear in California for the alleged robberies there before he is shipped to Medford.

Medford investigators believe Burt entered the PremierWest branch the morning of March 14 and demanded money from a teller. No weapon was displayed.

Burt reportedly fled the bank and was last seen jumping a fence near Wilson Elementary School. The school was placed on precautionary lockdown for close to an hour as police scoured the area.

Police also are looking for a black woman driving a black Cadillac who came to the bank an hour earlier and who was reported to have acted suspiciously.

Hansen said this woman could have been Burt's getaway driver for the robbery.

The FBI is currently interviewing Burt about his alleged involvement in the robberies. The case could be settled in federal court, Hansen said.

— Chris Conrad
ImageImage
Last edited by henrysmedford on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Just missed a bank robber----Update suspect arrested

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Dustin Burt doesn't sounds "Puerto Rican"
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:23 am

justj2k78 wrote:Dustin Burt doesn't sounds "Puerto Rican"

It looks like the "hispanic" clerk doesn't know what a "Puerto Rican" looks like after all!!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Dustin Burt looks more like the teller than the bank robber!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 pm

pennypicker wrote:It looks like the "hispanic" clerk doesn't know what a "Puerto Rican" looks like after all!!

I was thinking "accent" or body language.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:47 pm

OtusLotus wrote:Dustin Burt looks more like the teller than the bank robber!

:D
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby hobo finds » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 pm

looks like Russell Brand
hobo finds

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing