Flashback from the Ryedale Days

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Flashback from the Ryedale Days

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:52 pm

I was going through a box of pennies just recently that had been Ryedale sorted perhaps 4-5 years ago or so. Now I'm pretty picky about pulling out anything that is a cull or ugly for any reason.

I kept finding some pretty bad looking coppers in there and wondered if I was having a bad day that day or what was going on. Then I saw a little paper note I put in the box saying that those coins were Ryedale sorted. That explained it!

Now I don't want this to appear that I have negative feelings about Ryedales. They are such a time saver that they definitely serve a purpose. And to only have to go through, say, 20-25% of a box by hand (the ones that the Ryedale sorted as coppers) was a LOT better than having to go through 100%.

Now if I can just get some of that Dry Lube stuff. My bottle dried out for some reason and my machine won't run properly till it is lubed. Anyone know where I can get some at a reasonable price?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Flashback from the Ryedale Days

Postby NotABigDeal » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Last one I got off Amazon for $15 or $16 I think.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:54 am

I may try that. Thx.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby plus1hdcp » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:23 pm

You might try a lube which I use on my bullet reloading presses. It's an spray lube which does not attract dirt and dust. Hornady Gun Cleaner and Lube. I also think Hoppes makes a similar product.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo ... rh63edhw_e
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:23 am

Thanks +1. My Ryedale is so old it probably has arthritis.

Recyclersteve

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:02 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Thanks +1. My Ryedale is so old it probably has arthritis.

Talk about old, I have a Coin Artist....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm

What in the world is a Coin Artist? I've heard of a Con Artist, but that is a different thing altogether.

Recyclersteve

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:16 pm

An original model in a fancy case with a counter. It was discontinued after a while I believe. Same guts, just fancy skin, hehe. I still have it somewhere around here.... I ran literally millions of coins through it, and no doubt it would work today. Great machine.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby knibloe » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Bike-aid is dry slide
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:46 am

knibloe wrote:Bike-aid is dry slide

Thanks- that's the name I was trying to remember!

Recyclersteve

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing