HoardCopperByTheTon Estate

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: HoardCopperByTheTon Estate

Postby metalophile » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34 am

Hi, another old timer checking back in after years of being away. High price of nickel reminded me of this forum. I'm in my mid-50's as well, and trying to start preparing my family for what to do when the inevitable happens. Wife knows next to nothing about coins, so I've started an inventory of what we have and what it's worth. Told her to sell to a reputable coin dealer if something happens to me and she needs cash. But, since her level of interest is low, she still doesn't know very well how much things are worth. Also working on my daughter, as sadly my two older sons have zero interest.

Shucks, these days if I want to purchase a tool I now think about how many times I will probably use it before the end of my life. If it is a small number, then I try to make something else work instead of buying a new tool.
metalophile
Penny Collector Member

Postby Catfish4u » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:01 pm

metalophile wrote:and trying to start preparing my family for what to do when the inevitable happens. Wife knows next to nothing about coins, so I've started an inventory of what we have and what it's worth. Told her to sell to a reputable coin dealer if something happens to me and she needs cash. But, since her level of interest is low, she still doesn't know very well how much things are worth. Also working on my daughter, as sadly my two older sons have zero interest.

In a similar situation. Along with your inventory you should have a list of resources with 'current pricing/worth information'. I also provided the url for this site and also bullionstackers as the prices would be much better than local coin shops.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby mtalbot_ca » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:18 pm

Being in a similar situation, I tend to reduce/concentrate the numbers but increase the quality/liquidity. So I sold nickel an copper to buy silver. I will, in the next little while, move from silver to gold. Also moving from numismatics to bullion.
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cwgii » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Me too. As to starting to liquidate. I realize that I am “ young” by most standards but my body is saying. no more.

Yet for something to do during the middle of the night. Got to do something until the cramps go away. I bought some coin to sort. Lol.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing