Dri-slide

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dri-slide

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 am

So it's been about 4-5 years since I turned on a ryedale and blasted some copper into a bin. But I can still distinctly recall the sounds of clink-clink-clink of the discriminator flipping zincs and coppers into bad and good buckets. I had nearly forgotten, however, the smell of it all... until just now. An exterior door with a hydraulic door closer kept catching at the strike plate and wouldn't close automatically. It just needed a little lube and it would be good to go. Enter Dri-slide- the perfect fix.

I got some on my fingers and noticed the scent after application. In my mind, I was immediately back at the Ryedale. Olfactory memories are the strongest!
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Dri-slide

Postby fasteddy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:08 pm

right on....I know that smell also...and when I mow my acreage the smell of the fresh cut field grass/weeds reminds me of my days dove hunting with the fam in North Texas...Sweet memory's.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:18 am

The Dri-Slide didn't dry up after all this time? I've thought about firing up the ryedale for a bit for kicks, but I assume the lube has long since dried up.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 am

It's just moly disulfide (a fabulous powdered lube) in a solvent base. If there is powder left and the solvent is gone you can add any carrier to it to use it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing