What is the bigget amount you have ever bought from someone?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

What is the bigget amount you have ever bought from someone?

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 pm

And how did you transport it? Might have a few cents to buy in the next week or three..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: What is the bigget amount you have ever bought from some

Postby misteroman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:13 pm

$200 in CU
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby VWBEAMER » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:24 pm

300 hundred face of Copper Abes, put in the back of my car.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 am

I sold $700 face about a year back. The buyer, a guy who contacted me through Craigslist, brought along one of those scales you might see in a doctor's office. He quickly put $100 onto the scale, checked to make sure it was close to 68 lbs, and put them in the back of his van. It took a bit of time, but we talked and shot the breeze while we worked, and things went pretty well.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:28 am

$1262 face in copper. Put all the sacks of coins in my Camry.. drove it home.. ran it through the Mach 7 to get the count.. and paid the guy the following week.

Used to deliver $500 every week or 2 to a fellow member.. he usually paid me in zinc. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby dp2007 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:45 am

If you mean solid Cu cents my answer would be none.

If you mean how many cents have I bought at one time to sort for Cu I once bought
51 boxes of customer wrapped rolls from a local bank. They had just received the take from a
penny drive at a local church. It actually took 3 trips in 3 days to get them all home.
They produced 14 boxes of Cu and 37 boxes of zinc that I'm still returning (to other banks) slowly.
dp2007
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Copper » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:01 am

Just bought 2200lbs (one metric ton) Canadian copper maples, that works out to about $3564.00CAD face. They were shipped in 5 gallon buckets, stacked on a pallet, and delivered by semi truck.
Last edited by Copper on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copper

Postby Country » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:39 am

I bought $400 face of COPPER from bman last year. I put it in my car and drove it home. bman and his wife, my wife and I, had a nice Chinese buffet lunch together before we went on our way. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:43 am

Wow, cool story.

dp2007 wrote:If you mean solid Cu cents my answer would be none.

If you mean how many cents have I bought at one time to sort for Cu I once bought
51 boxes of customer wrapped rolls from a local bank. They had just received the take from a
penny drive at a local church. It actually took 3 trips in 3 days to get them all home.
They produced 14 boxes of Cu and 37 boxes of zinc that I'm still returning (to other banks) slowly.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby pennypicker » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:35 pm

dp2007 wrote:If you mean solid Cu cents my answer would be none.

51 boxes of cwr's--now that's a dream come true! :D

Not to mention all the gas you saved.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing