Will be firing up the Ryedale for the first time in years...

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Will be firing up the Ryedale for the first time in years...

Postby JJM » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Sometime this Fall, if % are good hoping to put a ton of copper back. Will post updates along the way. Hopefully others are getting the same read from the "tea leaves" that I am....
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Re: Will be firing up the Ryedale for the first time in year

Postby MUTiger » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:10 pm

I have been slowly going through the $5,000 in bags I stockpiled up through 2017. I had an issue with my Ryedale that I had to diagnose and fix before I could get back going again. I am averaging about 20-22 % from that time.

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43247

MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:33 pm

You might need some of that Dri-Slide lubricant if your machine hasn't been used in a while. I had a small container but the contents solidified. I think I remember that you can get it at a bike shop.

And for those who would like to reminisce---

www.pennysorter.com
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:46 pm

JJM wrote:Sometime this Fall, if % are good hoping to put a ton of copper back. Will post updates along the way. Hopefully others are getting the same read from the "tea leaves" that I am....

It'll probably be a couple months before I can think about it but I might spin mine back up at a modest rate this winter.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby knibloe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:You might need some of that Dri-Slide lubricant if your machine hasn't been used in a while. I had a small container but the contents solidified. I think I remember that you can get it at a bike shop.

http://www.pennysorter.com

Bike aid

works good on firearms as well.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:00 pm

My Ryedale is retired and probably will remain that way.

In 2019 you'll get *maybe* 10% copper per box. Not worth the time and effort. Just look at your change, coppers are way down. A lot of copper pennies have been culled over the past couple years. There's also the dilution effect from the billions and billions of zincs minted over the past several years.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:08 pm

Cent percentages vary by region, and the question of whether to sort or not will be decided by each person in their own area based on their returns and their personal situation.

For an unexplained reason I have never found copper pocket percentages to be reflective of what is in an entire box. I don't get much copper in change, but that isn't a really notable difference as I haven't gotten much since the 90s. When I was box sorting up through 5 years ago the percentages were >20%. I'll probably get another box later this year and see what comes out.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:21 am

knibloe wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:You might need some of that Dri-Slide lubricant if your machine hasn't been used in a while. I had a small container but the contents solidified. I think I remember that you can get it at a bike shop.

http://www.pennysorter.com

Bike aid

works good on firearms as well.

Thanks for mentioning the term "Bike aid"- Now I need to get myself into a store and get some.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:26 am

68Camaro wrote: I'll probably get another box later this year and see what comes out.

Aw 'cmon- step up and get one now! :)

Recyclersteve

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing