Anyone collect large cents?Have about 50 Im looking to sell

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Anyone collect large cents?Have about 50 Im looking to sell

Postby misteroman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:34 pm

Have about 50 large cents from buying collections over the years. Is there any interest on here and if so how does someone list them? Individually, groups of 5/10, the whole lot?
I would say the cheapest ones are prob $10 and a couple that are higher grade/ price so wouldn't think a lot price would be the best way especially if there are doubles. 1 ever looks AU and seems to have a little luster.
Any interest or thoughts appreciated.
D
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Anyone collect large cents?Have about 50 Im looking to s

Postby coindood » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:52 pm

I may be interested in some, if they're problem-free.

Post some pics, since condition is obviously most important. Or at least list dates and perhaps you can PM specific pics to those interested.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:17 am

I would imagine that if you have any coins worth $75-100 or more that they should be listed separately. If I buy a key date or high grade I don't like having a bunch of others from the same type that are AG-Good jammed down my throat. Just my opinion- I don't plan on bidding on the set- too much else going on right now for me. It is getting harder for me to even go onto this site- which is sad. Hopefully that will be temporary.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby coppernickel » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:47 pm

I recently liquidated my large cents in favour of bullion. I found the market to be very soft. Really no demand.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 pm

How old....any 1700's?
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby misteroman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:52 pm

No 1700s. I think the oldest is 1809. It has a small split in it but honestly think it's from the because it's very irregular. Would VF I think. Actually it's a 1/2 cent lol. Too lazy to retype all that. Also a VF 1828 half cent.
Mostly AG- F coins. There are two that stand out.
One is a XF/AU 1839 and and AU cleaned 1854. Nice VF+ 1829 too
Oldest is 1817 and there is 3 in the 20s.
I believe there is 51 total with the 2 1/2 cents.
D
misteroman

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing