hoard?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

hoard?

Postby cwgii » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:17 pm

I PICKED UP $60 PENNIES LAST WEEK. i placed them in a burlap coin bag. i sort in $10 increments. as i pulled out the 20 rolls. for the first sort. i got one that was solid , cu. and on it went. one or two rolls per sort. well., last two batches were 15 solid rolls in each. numbers will follow in a couple weeks.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: hoard?

Postby coppernickel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Wow, great run. Who turned in their coppers?
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cwgii » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:16 pm

MY GUESS IS THEY WERE ROLLED IN THE 60S AS THEY HAD A CERTAIN
, PATINA, THE ONES WITH UP TO 1979 LDID NOT HAVE THE SAME COLORING
cwgii

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:54 am

I know it was just last week that you got them, but one thing I try and do whenever I can is to spot check a single roll in the parking lot of the bank or very close by (like the other end of the mall parking lot if I am concerned about being a victim of crime). That way, when I find something cool I can go back in and give the teller a creative excuse why I just remembered that I need more than I just got. I've done this with half dollars a bunch and it has helped a number of times.

After all, if I discover the motherlode, I want the WHOLE LODE!

Of course that doesn't help when the next teller you get is like the Soup Nazi of Seinfeld fame. Youtube it if you don't know the reference.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby cwgii » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Usually I too spot check. In this instance I got all he has. As they call on me to "" dispose " of coin. Saving all expense of having it picked up by Brink's.
cwgii

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing