Had a good day after all

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Had a good day after all

Postby decomputing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:39 pm

I have some trouble from banks at getting a full box of pennies. Depending on the teller, I might get the typical "boxes are for our business customers" line. So, I figured I would just save myself some trouble and get $10.00 in pennies and call it a day. As the teller handed me the rolls - shrink wrap rolls - at a quick glance I could see that I had a dime in one roll and something that looked very much like a steel penny in another. Sure enough, I was right on both accounts, and a very nice looking steely by the way. My final count for the day turned out to be 7 Canadian, 34 wheats, and 342 coppers, which works out to be 38.3% keepers, my best percentage yet. My only complaint, is that now I gotta figure out what to do with the rest of my day. :P
decomputing

Re: Had a good day after all

Postby twentybux » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice copper percentage!!!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:24 am

Nice percentages, as well as the steel and the free dime. Those are more than likely Brinks rolls.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby decomputing » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 am

NotABigDeal wrote:Nice percentages, as well as the steel and the free dime. Those are more than likely Brinks rolls.

Deal

Thanks. :) And yes they are Brinks boxes. Whenever I am able to wriggle a box out of their hands, it always happens to be a Brinks box.
decomputing

Postby NotABigDeal » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Have you specifically asked for customer rolls? A lot of banks will give those to you as well.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby decomputing » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:50 am

NotABigDeal wrote:Have you specifically asked for customer rolls? A lot of banks will give those to you as well.

Deal

Yes, many times when I don't get a full box the teller will give me what's in their tray, I get a fair amount of customer rolls that way. But, if I can't get a full box, I'll ask for rolls of old pennies. The tellers are generally very helpful with that request in lieu of giving up full boxes. One teller even told me that everyone asks for the new pennies, which I guess is harder for them to find. So when I ask for old ones - they seem to have plenty to give up. I guess they just don't want us hoarding cardboard.
decomputing

Postby misteroman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 am

You mean you got a darned dime lol.Don't see them called that much on here anymore. I got 6 or 7 of them the other day and most were in brinks boxes as well. Also I hate the plastic wrapped ones.So much harder to crack open.
misteroman

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I got 6 darn dimes in yesterday's penny sort! :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby PreservingThePast » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:I got 6 darn dimes in yesterday's penny sort! :mrgreen:

I did my best yet in this category the other day finding five dimes total in two rolls. Three in one roll replacing the three missing pennies and two dimes in the other roll that only replaced one penny. Sure helps to make up for all the short rolls I have been encountering again.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing