Copper penny hoarders hosed

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper penny hoarders hosed

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:38 am

Sadly, Cu prices will most likely remain low for a very long time.

Weekly copper chart:
https://www.finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=HG&p=w1

I could easily see Cu prices heading back to to $1.00-1.50 level.

I still will not sell/dump my 4000lbs of copper pennies though.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Copper penny hoarders hosed

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 pm

It's always been a long term play.

Think of it this way, everything just went on sale! And it looks like the sale is going to last for a while.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:11 am

If you give up, you are playing into the hands of those with deep pockets who LOVE to see the public panic as it creates opportunity for a few. If you are truly concerned now, that is a sign to me that you have too big of a percent of your net worth invested in copper. Please, no offense with that last statement, but my conversations about investing with over 100,000 people in a roughly 20-year timeframe has taught me that.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:44 am

Recyclersteve wrote:If you give up, you are playing into the hands of those with deep pockets who LOVE to see the public panic as it creates opportunity for a few. If you are truly concerned now, that is a sign to me that you have too big of a percent of your net worth invested in copper. Please, no offense with that last statement, but my conversations about investing with over 100,000 people in a roughly 20-year timeframe has taught me that.

My net worth invested in Cu? - lol - I was simply making a statement. Hoarding Cu was more of a fun hobby than anything else; finding old wheats, rare dates and other interesting things. Still it sux thinking about all those hours I spent procuring $25 boxes and time sorting through it with the Ryedale.

80% of my net wealth is Au and Ag. I saw the what was coming many years ago and I'm well prepared. This virus was just the pin that popped the 10 year stock market bubble, but it's only the beginning. I'm quite convinced that Great depression 2 is right around the corner. Sadly, the majority will have the rug pulled out from under them.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:18 pm

I’ve been wrong for so long about when the crash will happen. Don’t even want to guess anymore. I mean what’s the difference between the current $23 trillion in sovereign debt and $30 trillion where we’re headed soon? None of us can count that high in our lifetimes nor can we imagine any scenario that includes paying that debt back. My only thought is to surround myself with family and trustworthy like-minded individuals. Let’s see if we make it to the other side. If not, I have it on good authority that the next life is pretty sweet.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby MUTiger » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 pm

I did it as a hobby and to let my kids have something to remember me by. Let them carry the 34 pound bags out of the basement. :)
I am still finding some good stuff as well. I found two Indian Head cents in a bag a couple of weeks ago that I picked up in 2015.

viewtopic.php?p=334172#p334172

MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:42 pm

MUTiger wrote:I did it as a hobby and to let my kids have something to remember me by. Let them carry the 34 pound bags out of the basement. :)
I am still finding some good stuff as well. I found two Indian Head cents in a bag a couple of weeks ago that I picked up in 2015.

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?p=334172#p334172

MUTiger

Man, what a great story. It's almost good enough to make me want to start sorting again...almost. Lately my brass (with a lump of lead attached) purchases have earned me some looks from Mrs. shinnosuke.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:40 pm

I still have too many bags of non-silver coins. CU and NI coinage are what started me collecting decades ago. Tough to keep that up, though, as they take up WAY too much room in my house. Decisions will have to be made in the next couple of years and I probably won't like the outcome. I guess it's a dilemma that we all have to face at one time or another.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:56 pm

I was thinking a couple of years ago if all the sorting I was doing was a waste of time. My basement is full of boxes of Cu pennies. Then this virus comes along and I'm ordering boxes of pennies and nickels every week. I'm right back into sorting fill time. My banks have been great to me , except for one that won't order coins for me. I hope everyone here is is safe and healthy.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:11 am

I still have a lot of copper pennies that I am saving. I think after a period of very destructive deflation, inflation will kick in making for profitable penny sales. If things get really bad they will help with local barter.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Dave wrote:I was thinking a couple of years ago if all the sorting I was doing was a waste of time. My basement is full of boxes of Cu pennies. Then this virus comes along and I'm ordering boxes of pennies and nickels every week. I'm right back into sorting fill time. My banks have been great to me , except for one that won't order coins for me. I hope everyone here is is safe and healthy.

Nice to hear from someone who is able to get coins and is enjoying the search. Pretty soon you’re gonna need a SECOND basement! :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby coppernickel » Mon May 04, 2020 6:29 pm

shinnosuke wrote:I’ve been wrong for so long about when the crash will happen. Don’t even want to guess anymore. I mean what’s the difference between the current $23 trillion in sovereign debt and $30 trillion where we’re headed soon? None of us can count that high in our lifetimes nor can we imagine any scenario that includes paying that debt back. My only thought is to surround myself with family and trustworthy like-minded individuals. Let’s see if we make it to the other side. If not, I have it on good authority that the next life is pretty sweet.

I agree completely. A little copper is an arrow in my preparedness quiver.
Last edited by coppernickel on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed May 06, 2020 10:33 pm

If the government were to ever seize copper pennies (like they did with the Executive Order for seizing gold in 1933), we’d really be in trouble. Can you imagine a government official knocking on the door of your house and asking “Is that your car, the one with the Real Cent decal on the bumper?” To which you proudly reply, “Yes!”. Then the person says “We have a search warrant for copper Pennies for this premises.” I’d be thinking, “But it isn’t April 1st and I’m definitely awake.” :)

Recyclersteve

Postby Investin Cents » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Just scrolled thru this thread and noticed a poster above said this:

"after a period of very destructive deflation"

LOL. Destructive for whom? Maybe Jamie Dimon.

THIS - deflation- is the stuff of nightmares for the banking cartel, the Federal Reserve (which is neither Federal, nor a Reserve - 2 lies in one entity name)

Deflation is the friend of anyone not involved in banking. Everything gets cheaper. The value of cash - coins too - becomes more valuable everyday in a deflationary environment.

This is why the Feds are pouring money from their computers into the banks.

First deflation will win briefly. Then all those digital dollars create inflation as everyone scrambles for few tangible assets. Then hyperinflation. Coming soon to an economy near you. Stay tuned.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK - 1962

Current book: American Values - RFK Jr.; Favorite website (other than Realcent): Zerohedge.com; Favorite metals in order: Ag, Au, Pt, CuZn, CuZnSn, Cu, Ni, Al, CuNi and of course Pb encased in Cu [in various forms and sizes :)]
Investin Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing